Welcome to PatsFans.com

Vote: Brady 'Fed-Ex Air' Player of the Week

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Disco Volante, Dec 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Disco Volante

Disco Volante Rookie

Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Vote

Strange he hasn't won one this season, especially considering he threw 5 TDs in one quarter against the Titans...
  2. MoLewisrocks

MoLewisrocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

As I recall Marshall Faulk worked OT that week making the case that considering the opponent someone else was more deserving. I think Tommy has been nominated a couple of times, but the dual talking heads on NFLN tend to be intent on spinning the vote to their personal weekly choice.
  3. Disco Volante

Disco Volante Rookie

Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

That guy is such a clown.
  4. MoLewisrocks

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

So...Tom has been shut out for the season since someone (I'm never sure if the fan votes count although NE fans are usually too busy arguing about what's wrong with their team to vote or care about acknowledging our players as this thread again proves) decided that Jay Cutler deserved redemption for making one play to knock off lord Favre.

There seems to be almost an institutional bias developing against Tommy who has to break records to even merit attention around NFLN...he's the only guy whose performances I see pre-emptively put in context relative to opponent. Of course this past week his performance locked up a division, but in a league where the weekly QB leaders are all too often losers with tons of empty yardage stats born of failure...

The sad thing is I think this bias has been percolating since 2004 when the same mediots who decided Manning and not his RB's were deserving awarded Tommy's 3rd Superbowl MVP to the twig...
  5. ctpatsfan77

ctpatsfan77 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +616 / 11 / -6

To be fair, the Twig did set the SB record for receptions; likewise, a lot of folks felt Welker would have won had the Pats won SB42.
  6. MoLewisrocks

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

He was able to do that because of the guy throwing him that rock... Of the two of them he's the one going to Canton. I really think the media was looking for any excuse not to bestow a third MVP in four seasons on a 6th round drift pick they were almost universally wrong about who was making it exponentailly more difficult based on playoff performances to annoint Manning the GOAT.
  7. PATSYLICIOUS

PATSYLICIOUS Rookie

Ratings:
    +89 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

Why isn't Curtis Painter on the poll?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.