PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Vintage Patriots Gear (e.g. Pat Patriot Starter Jackets)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PseuFighter

Rookie
Reaction score
Hey guys -- I'm heading up to Boston in a couple of weeks and looking to track down some vintage Pats gear. Specifically, I'm looking for this Starter jacket from the 80s/90s --

upload_2017-6-2_13-50-52.png

Modells has a remake of it that's 1) stupid expensive ($100), and 2) not as nice as the original; they moved the cuffs up to the top of the sleeve; it's kinda gross. Otherwise, I've been checking eBay, but I haven't found a medium in my time looking so far. I figure there are some shops in Boston I should check out to find this kind of stuff. Or if you have some stuffed away somewhere in your basement that you'd be up to parting with, which I suspect there are literally thousands of in suburban homes across New England. :)

Thanks!

animated-telephone-image-0081.gif

Please pick up the red* courtesy phone, @ActualPatsFan.

*-red as in 'the color the Patriots SHOULD be wearing if it wasn't for the fraudulent Flying Elvis takeover mumble mumble mumble...' :)

Last edited:
I think you'd have more luck scouring things like Instagram and Etsy for resellers located in the area. Sports vintage sellers are nuts, they have an entire community and constantly are buying. Someone in that area would be bound to have it. I'm from southwest Ohio and they all are in somewhat communicato, so I assume it's the same for a region rich with sport success.

They're also really big sports fans so if you show enough love, you can negotiate and they'll probably be more inclined if they know it makes you super happy. Hope you find it!

animated-telephone-image-0081.gif

Please pick up the red* courtesy phone, @ActualPatsFan.

*-red as in 'the color the Patriots SHOULD be wearing if it wasn't for the fraudulent Flying Elvis takeover mumble mumble mumble...' :)

Hey guys -- I'm heading up to Boston in a couple of weeks and looking to track down some vintage Pats gear. Specifically, I'm looking for this Starter jacket from the 80s/90s --

View attachment 17197

Modells has a remake of it that's 1) stupid expensive ($100), and 2) not as nice as the original; they moved the cuffs up to the top of the sleeve; it's kinda gross. Otherwise, I've been checking eBay, but I haven't found a medium in my time looking so far. I figure there are some shops in Boston I should check out to find this kind of stuff. Or if you have some stuffed away somewhere in your basement that you'd be up to parting with, which I suspect there are literally thousands of in suburban homes across New England. :)

Thanks!
In my experience eBay is best for this kind of thing, although I have heard of finds in second-hand thrift shops. A DIY shortcut is buying the logo patches and get them professionally sewn on a jacket you buy separately.

Last edited:
I remember my 90s pats starter.. Was so happy when I got it, that and my snes/Playstation were my favorite childhood Christmas gifts

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back