PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Vikings RB Adrian Peterson indicted for child abuse; deactivated for Pats game at Minnesota

SMH. You mentioned your kids act like lunatics sometimes. Maybe you were the people I saw at Target trying to reason with them lol
Yeah, lol.

My kids are great in public, out at dinner, etc. Especially the six-year-old. I can't remember the last time he stepped that far out of line. He understands consequences, and I never had to smack him, not once.

Like I said, hitting = lazy parents.

It looks excessive, yes, but excessive can also be a parent who isn't a child abuser losing it just a few seconds too long when their kid is being an uncontrollable monster for 12 hours a day.

Little is lower than a child abuser, but anyone who doesn't know by now that pictures can lie didn't make good use of the previous day.

We have no idea what happened... yet
Yeah, it's difficult to assess a situation properly until all the facts come to light. Speculation and assumption around topical issues generally lead people down a murky path.

I'll wait until more information comes out and let the process take place. If proven to be a case of child abuse (opposed to run of the mill discipline which I am perfectly at ease with) then Peterson should have the book thrown at him.

We all see that when we go out in public. Whenever we are out and see that, I whisper to my boys "Thank you for acting properly instead of being like that". Positive reinforcement works very well, at least in our house.

Yeah we're lucky as well. My son responds to positive reinforcement and is a boy scout. But not every kid is like my son or your kids. So i'm not going to judge other parents who may feel it's necessary for them to spank their kids to reinforce discipline.

I'm not a parent yet, but just through observation, I see discipline being only a minor part of raising children. The majority of who someone will one day become comes more from morals and life philosophy in general than smacks across the face or "time outs"

A lot of people with monstrous children have monstrous children because they themselves are idiots, shallow, anti-intellectual, with no cultural and moral foundation at all. Their kids are absurd because they haven't actually taught them anything, and believe people just become people naturally, rather than with direction.

This is why wealthy parents have kids who often do very well financially themselves, just as one example. Some people will EXPLAIN and EDUCATE their children on WHY an education is an advantage and provides a more fulfilling life experience, and others just tell five year olds they need to go to school to "get a job someday," like that makes sense to a 1st grader, because they themselves, not being educated, honestly have no clue how it enriches someone's life.

That said, even good kids can need a smack sometimes.

The knee-jerk freak out and ignore threats towards people defending "the spank" is just a little ridiculous.

Last edited:
How about you look on, I dunno, this thread.
Don't have to be a prick dude, I was just snooping around the net and didn't see any.

It looks excessive, yes, but excessive can also be a parent who isn't a child abuser losing it just a few seconds too long when their kid is being an uncontrollable monster for 12 hours a day.

Little is lower than a child abuser, but anyone who doesn't know by now that pictures can lie didn't make good use of the previous day.

Sorry, that doesn't really cut it. If you're hitting your child with a stick, 'losing it for a few seconds' to the point of drawing blood is not excusable. Howzabout if you're that unsure of your ability to control yourself, you don't reach for the tree branch in the first place?

Don't have to be a prick dude, I was just snooping around the net and didn't see any.
Sorry, I took it as you being snotty. My fault. It's on like page 6, I think.

I'm not a parent yet, but just through observation, I see discipline being only a minor part of raising children. The majority of who someone will one day become comes more from morals and life philosophy in general than smacks across the face or "time outs"

A lot of people with monstrous children have monstrous children because they themselves are idiots, shallow, anti-intellectual, with no cultural and moral foundation at all. Their kids are absurd because they haven't actually taught them anything, and believe people just become people naturally, rather than with direction.

This is why wealthy parents have kids who often do very well financially themselves, just as one example. Some people will EXPLAIN and EDUCATE their children on WHY an education is an advantage and provides a more fulfilling life experience, and others just tell five year olds they need to go to school to "get a job someday," like that makes sense to a 1st grader, because they themselves, not being educated, honestly have no clue how it enriches someone's life.

That said, even good kids can need a smack sometimes.

The knee-jerk freak out and ignore threats towards people defending "the spank" is just a little ridiculous.
I'm sorry, aren't you still unclear whether this is actual child abuse? I'll keep my own counsel, thanks.

Sorry, that doesn't really cut it. If you're hitting your child with a stick, 'losing it for a few seconds' to the point of drawing blood is not excusable. Howzabout if you're that unsure of your ability to control yourself, you don't reach for the tree branch in the first place?

Ok, well, maybe that is what happened, and maybe it isn't.
It doesn't have so great an immediate impact on my life tonight that I cannot afford to wait a few days to hear how it develops before sentencing a man to death.

I'd tell you that's a good habit to get into, just for the sake of being a responsible citizen in a society that has a court system, but I guess you already have it all figured out, and are a sudden expert on AP's household and family life, because it's on television.

If it's child abuse, the option to hope he goes to jail will still be there in a few days, so I don't really see the point in blindly racing to it today. I've never been a guest in his home or a friend of his family, and I've moved beyond allowing a photograph with a caption lead me to believe I'm an expert on either.

Spanking is not the same thing as beating with a stick until bloody.

RIght, no one here said that hitting until bloody was ok. There is a difference between spanking and abuse.

The kid is 4 years old....what could he possibly do that would be bad enough to warrant being beaten with a tree branch?

Edited to add: According to the police report he pushed another one of Adrian's children while playing a video game....and there was evidence of multiple cuts, lacerations and bruises to various sites of the boy's body.

A Houston radio station, Sports Radio 610, reported that it had obtained a draft of a police report that stated Peterson had admitted to "whooping" his 4-year-old son with a tree branch as a means of punishing him for pushing another of Peterson's children while they were playing a video game.

The 4-year-old boy, who lies in Minnesota with his mother, was visiting Peterson in Texas. When the boy returned to Minnesota, his mother took him to a doctor, who noted numerous lacerations on his thighs, bruises on his lower back and buttocks, and cuts on his hand.

http://www.providencejournal.com/sp...ian-peterson-after-child-abuse-indictment.ece

Sorry, I took it as you being snotty. My fault. It's on like page 6, I think.
No problem it happens. Hard to tell sometimes over the web.

Honestly, he might need to be deactivated for a career depending... (Too early to call that, HOWEVER it doesn't look so hot I tell you what...)
Wow, that's quite the leap from the little that I've heard. You really think its that serious??

I'm sorry, aren't you still unclear whether this is actual child abuse? I'll keep my own counsel, thanks.

Whatever happened already happened. Taking a firm position on it immediately isn't going to change that.

If two days from now it's revealed AP is a father from hell straight out of a Rob Zombie movie, I can pretty easily condemn him then and there.

If two days from now this is for whatever reason revealed to be nothing, you were prematurely part of a lynch mob.

I'm not against your position. It definitely doesn't look good. I am against having a major problem with someone just because they aren't rushing to judgement.

It's not like television, news stories, or even people have any credibility.

It's apples and oranges, and one thing has nothing to do with the other, and child abuse and Superbowls aren't even comparable, but this instance-sentencing in the public arena is why we have three tarnished Superbowls.

I think the world will be spinning long enough for me to wait until I can form an educated opinion on this instead of just riding into the town square tonight with my rope for ah' hangin'

Whatever happened already happened. Taking a firm position on it immediately isn't going to change that.

If two days from now it's revealed AP is a father from hell straight out of a Rob Zombie movie, I can pretty easily condemn him then and there.

If two days from now this is for whatever reason revealed to be nothing, you were prematurely part of a lynch mob.

I'm not against your position. It definitely doesn't look good. I am against having a major problem with someone just because they aren't rushing to judgement.

It's apples and oranges, and one thing has nothing to do with the other, and child abuse and Superbowls aren't even comparable, but this instance-sentencing in the public arena is why we have three tarnished Superbowls.

I think the world will be spinning long enough for me to wait until I can form an educated opinion on this instead of just riding into the town square tonight with my rope for ah' hangin'

Let's see. Photos, texts, an accusation from his son, corroboration from the doctor, an arrest warrant, an admission from Peterson that he "whupped" his son, and his lawyer all but confirming the charges but utilizing the "he didn't mean to injure him, it's a family thing" is a rush to judgment. Got it.

I know you think you're taking some high-minded approach, but you just look like you're being a contrarian for funsies.

.....I think the world will be spinning long enough for me to wait until I can form an educated opinion on this instead of just riding into the town square tonight with my rope for ah' hangin'

TAKE. YOUR. TIME.

http://www.tmz.com/2014/09/12/adrian-peterson-indicted-for-child-abuse/

4:12 PM PT -- According to the police report, Peterson allegedly sent text messages to the child's mother saying he "felt bad" because he struck the kid in the testicles.

"Got him in the nuts once I noticed. But I felt so bad, n I'm all tearing that butt up when needed!" the text said.

Peterson allegedly sent a follow up text saying, "Never do I go overboard! But all my kids will know, hey daddy has he biggest heart but don't play no games when it comes to acting right."

4:10 PM PT -- According to the police report, the child told authorities he had also been hit by a belt and there were "a lot of belts in daddy's closet."

The child also said AP had put leaves in his mouth when he was being struck and that his pants were down.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2014/09/12/adrian-peterson-indicted-for-child-abuse/#ixzz3D9V9oKOF

I am going to wait for the video.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back