PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Adrian Peterson enters No Contest Plea in Child Abuse Case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christiancat

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...r-charge-felony-child-abuse-charge-avoid-jail

Small excerpt from article:

"Minnesota Vikings star Adrian Peterson avoided jail time Tuesday in a plea agreement reached with prosecutors to resolve his child abuse case.

Under the agreement approved by Montgomery County state District Judge Kelly Case and announced during a scheduled court hearing, Peterson pleaded no contest to a misdemeanor charge of reckless assault.

Case deferred a finding of guilt for two years while imposing a $4,000 fine and 80 hours of community service on Peterson"

Lets get your thoughts!

Last edited:
Waiting for the inevitable "it's my right to beat the **** out of my 4 year old child, my parents did it to me and I turned out fine" psychopath posts.

The country is watching you, Goondell.

Where did Ol' Goody go anyway? He still hiding in his bunker? I haven't seen the guy since the Rice tape leaked online.

Where did Ol' Goody go anyway? He still hiding in his bunker? I haven't seen the guy since the Rice tape leaked online.

He's off somewhere doing what he can to get it right, and identifying members of expertise for his team moving forward.

He's off somewhere doing what he can to get it right, and identifying members of expertise for his team moving forward.
Looks like he moved so far forward he fell off a cliff or something. Geez. Does the league really think if they just hide and ignore the problem(s), it all goes away?

Looks like he moved so far forward he fell off a cliff or something. Geez. Does the league really think if they just hide and ignore the problem(s), it all goes away?

Generally works for everything else in this country so I don't know why this would be an exception.

Generally works for everything else in this country so I don't know why this would be an exception.
Sadly you might be right... :(

AP is "suspended indefinitely," though, correct? So now that his legal issue is finalized, the NFL needs to actually say he can play before he can return? That right?

That's how I understand it. The "commissioner's list" deal is outside of the realm of the CBA I've been told too. So if he has already agreed to a plea deal and is really no longer in any legal trouble, then he's already served an 8 game suspension basically... I don't think the NFL has any real leg to stand on to keep him out of football at this point. If they tried, the NFLPA would likely force their hand swiftly.

That's how I understand it. The "commissioner's list" deal is outside of the realm of the CBA I've been told too. So if he has already agreed to a plea deal and is really no longer in any legal trouble, then he's already served an 8 game suspension basically... I don't think the NFL has any real leg to stand on to keep him out of football at this point. If they tried, the NFLPA would likely force their hand swiftly.

Yeah, agreed.

Not surprised that Peterson pleaded to a lesser charge and that he has the ability to totally erase everything from existence if/when he completes the basic terms of the 2 year deal.

I think what he did was wrong and borderline disgusting, but I'm not even remotely surprised that it's done and over with.

What Pederson did to his 1-year old child IS disgusting. Not just borderline. He hit that child over 20 times with that switch and several of the cuts the child suffered drew blood.

The fact that the DA went with such a lenient penalty is absurd. The silence from the likes of Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton is deafening. If this was a normal white father, he'd be in jail for 5 years+ and the DA would not have ever considered a plea deal.

What Pederson did to his 1-year old child IS disgusting. Not just borderline. He hit that child over 20 times with that switch and several of the cuts the child suffered drew blood.

The fact that the DA went with such a lenient penalty is absurd. The silence from the likes of Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton is deafening. If this was a normal white father, he'd be in jail for 5 years+ and the DA would not have ever considered a plea deal.

This disparity in justice has far less to do with race than it does with money and/or fame.

This disparity in justice has far less to do with race than it does with money and/or fame.

Yup it has all the more to do with his fame and fortune than it does his race. What Adrain did was absolutely wrong. You should never have to lay a finger on your child to discipline them, make a point etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3