PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

VIDEO: Bennett Weirdest Dude in the NFL and Proud of It

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't call that weird but definitely a dude on his own path.

But he blocks! Definitely a unique guy, he'd probably would have got along with Blounts great uncle.

That's a quick transformation ... from beast mode to lullaby mode in a minute

And he certainly is a character...
This is his self description: Dad. Husband. Visionary Architect. Creative Director of Awesomeness at The Imagination Agency. TE for the New England Patriots #83.

But when he's on the field he really IS a football player

Martellus Bennett: "Chicago Bears tight end who has struggled with incessant creativity since birth."
Martellus Bennett plays tight end for the Chicago Bears in the NFL, but that's only his part time job. His interests beyond sports lie primarily in creative arts, where he is a published author of animated children's books, producer of cartoon feature films, and a host of other *off the wall* projects.

Wanted to give props to Bennett.

I saw most of 3 of the first 4 preseason games (none of game 2). He looked very good as the focus in game 1, like a jag in games 3 and 4. Wondered why he played so much in game 4. So were those flags significant for a player I had never seen play for the Patriots (seems our hit rate for those of some renown is not so great relative to what they were) or were they as many suggested a veteran saving himself for the regular season.

His blocking in Phoenix was phenomenal. He made a huge impact in the game man handling the Cardinals.

Only a long of 5 yards on 3 catches, but that grab, turn and extend for a first on third down was huge.

Game ball for sure.

He sure looks like an all pro TE in one real game as a Patriot.

I saw most of 3 of the first 4 preseason games (none of game 2). He looked very good as the focus in game 1, like a jag in games 3 and 4. Wondered why he played so much in game 4. So were those flags significant for a player I had never seen play for the Patriots (seems our hit rate for those of some renown is not so great relative to what they were) or were they as many suggested a veteran saving himself for the regular season.

His blocking in Phoenix was phenomenal. He made a huge impact in the game man handling the Cardinals.

Only a long of 5 yards on 3 catches, but that grab, turn and extend for a first on third down was huge.

Game ball for sure.

Reiss had this quote from Bennett today, gotta love the attitude:

"A lot of people equate how well you've done in a game to fantasy football, and how many points you scored them," Bennett said. "But there are so many intangible things that go on during the game that most people overlook, except for your teammates. I'm trying to do every single thing that I can possibly do to get a win in the real column, not the fantasy football column.

"I'm not really here to catch 1,000 balls. I've caught 90 balls and lost a bunch of games. It's not that fun. Whatever it takes to win, that's what I'm here for."

I give BB a ton of credit here.

It may not be totally transparent but moreso than other years there are big-time personalities on this team. Marty, Gronk, JE11, Long, etc...even Tom and the culture is as such that seemingly things seem to be meshing well and everyone seems to be getting along ok.

I do think that during the recruiting/trading process, BB (and his staff) are very sensitive to locker room culture and try to make sure the player "fits" and is willing to check their ego at the door and be part of a team.

While I think its still early, my sense is BB projected that guys like Long and Bennett, while expressive are overall good guys in the locker room and would go with the flow and what has been established here.

I give BB a ton of credit here.

It may not be totally transparent but moreso than other years there are big-time personalities on this team. Marty, Gronk, JE11, Long, etc...even Tom and the culture is as such that seemingly things seem to be meshing well and everyone seems to be getting along ok.

I do think that during the recruiting/trading process, BB (and his staff) are very sensitive to locker room culture and try to make sure the player "fits" and is willing to check their ego at the door and be part of a team.

While I think its still early, my sense is BB projected that guys like Long and Bennett, while expressive are overall good guys in the locker room and would go with the flow and what has been established here.
Nice post weathers!

I don't mean to seem paranoid, but does anyone get the feeling he's gonna push it a little too far? No, OK, I guess I'm just a little paranoid. Thanx

I don't mean to seem paranoid, but does anyone get the feeling he's gonna push it a little too far? No, OK, I guess I'm just a little paranoid. Thanx

Hes not a low key guy. That is for sure. You do have to wonder if in December he only has 20 catches what he'll be like. I think as long as the team is winning and his role is significant he'll be ok.

Hes not a low key guy. That is for sure. You do have to wonder if in December he only has 20 catches what he'll be like. I think as long as the team is winning and his role is significant he'll be ok.
Yes. And I think his blocking abilities are a big factor, being the shape of the O line. It's amazing how smart BB and Scar are. Such adverse players in the plan. And Bennett seems fine with the low profile roles. I respect that.

Game ball for sure.

Not a fantasy football monster the other night but, a real football big time game changer. Things may have gotten ugly without him.

Really cool that he does this. I'm sure the kids are beside themselves seeing a 270 lb. Pikachu. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft