PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Upside to Pats horrific loss in SB?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the Pats won that game the cries of Cheat would have just grown.

On hindsight, I agree with this viewpoint but also share PatJew's point about being as rabid as ever.

And nope, still not had the guts to watch that SB. Come to think of it, I never watched the previous year's AFC loss also. :eek:

I am hoping we go 19-0 this season that will help wipe out all the ridicule suffered by the Patsfans like me living in the enemyland.

If 19-0 is not possible, a thumping SB win will certainly make me quite happy. :)

footnote: irrespective of what happens, I will continue my boycott of the rag that smeared us.

The Patriots run of success has meant nothing but joy to me, despite the occasional stomach punch loss. Life is painful. Football fandom is fun.

Amen, I guess a lot of posters don't remember (or were alive) prior to the Brady - Belichick - Parcells eras.

Last edited:
On hindsight, I agree with this viewpoint but also share PatJew's point about being as rabid as ever.

And nope, still not had the guts to watch that SB. Come to think of it, I never watched the previous year's AFC loss also. :eek:

I am hoping we go 19-0 this season that will help wipe out all the ridicule suffered by the Patsfans like me living in the enemyland.

If 19-0 is not possible, a thumping SB win will certainly make me quite happy. :)

footnote: irrespective of what happens, I will continue my boycott of the rag that smeared us.

:yeahthat:

Also totally agree with this point:

"irrespective of what happens, I will continue my boycott of the rag that smeared us."

They are absolutely dead to me!!!! :rip:

(Have not watched anything on ESPN since then either)

Upside had Pats won SB?

Super Bowl DVD featuring the Pats. 3 Games to Glory IV. Or 19 Games to History. Greatest team in pro football history, etc, etc, etc.

Had the Pats won the SB, you never would have had such contemplations. They were created solely out of the void caused by having lost. Therfore, such a supposed upside to having lost is completely irrelevent. It was just a hangover, like the rest of us had. Go back to your beer.

Dude, there is no upside. None!
Love your team and live your life. I have a great life and can't believe how lucky I am with the things I get to do under the heading "work"!
The Patriots enrich my life and I love them. Win or lose (I prefer win) this is my team and I will passionately follow them now as I did during the dark days of Bobby Greir.
Find the balance my friend and live a healthy life where friends, family and work are the real priorities. Sundays in the fall are a special gift that I cherish. But, if my family or friends need me, I'm there to help and don't think twice about it.
Respects,

Rich

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes