PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

UPDATE: Ads Turned Off Until Further Notice

Status
Not open for further replies.
My company just switched over to Microsoft Security Essentials, replacing Sophos. It's great, and catches practically everything. MS has been on the ball as of late. The best part is, that if your version of Windows is genuine, its FREE!

I can vouch for this personally, since I am one of my company's IT guys. Since we made the switch, I have been getting less and less virus trouble tickets. Hopefully I'll be able to hit the rest of the machines in the company by the end of next year lol.

http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials

Ran it. I'm secure. Much appreciated!

can we merge this with the other "maroney sucks" threads.

oh wait.........

This is a great free service that checks on other aspects of internet safety, the Gibson Research "Shields Up" diagnostic:

https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2

Thanks ... I tried it ... I am solid. :D:D:D I use Zone Alarm.

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,Sans-Serif,MS Sans Serif][SIZE=+0]Your Internet port 139 does not appear to exist!
[SIZE=-1]One or more ports on this system are operating in FULL STEALTH MODE!

[/SIZE]
[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,Sans-Serif,MS Sans Serif][SIZE=+0]Unable to connect with NetBIOS to your computer.
[SIZE=-1]All attempts to get any information from your computer have FAILED. (This is very uncommon for a Windows networking-based PC.) Relative to vulnerabilities from Windows networking, this computer appears to be VERY SECURE since it is NOT exposing ANY of its internal NetBIOS networking protocol over the Internet[/SIZE]
[/SIZE][/FONT]

I got all stealth on the common ports check. :D

Your system has achieved a perfect "TruStealth" rating. :D Not a single packet — solicited or otherwise — was received from your system as a result of our security probing tests.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes