PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Unsung hero tonight = Maroney

Status
Not open for further replies.
When the entire Giants D-line wasn't in the backfield right off the snap he looked decent. :)

Watch those runs again and you'll find that the problem wasn't Maroney. Belichick was singing his praises on WEEI on the postgame show.

You're not getting what I say... when I say running game, I include the play calling and the play of the oline.

Maybe this will clear up any confusion...

Maroney wasn't the sole focal point. Part of it though... yes.

Faulk Pocket Superman

Watch those runs again and you'll find that the problem wasn't Maroney. Belichick was singing his praises on WEEI on the postgame show.

In fact, if you give LaMa a FB more often, and let him hit the hole more often - instead of waiting for a handoff on a draw play while he is standing still, with no forward momentum - then I believe that you'll see even more production, on a more consistent basis, than we've already seen lately.

Maroney ran the ball very good last night. For once, I do agree it was largely the o-line's fault for the lack of running room. Having said that, I loved the way Maroney ran the ball down inside the red zone. That's what I have been asking the kid to do!!! Hit the hole, run hard, and make tacklers miss or drive them back for a yard or two. I was far more impressed with Maroney last night than I was the last 2 weeks when he was torching the Dolphins and Jets. maroney showed me last night that he has the ability to run tough and be a factor inside the red zone. I was encouraged. The kid played well.

(Insert posters saying "did hell freeze over?" here)

When Maroney (twice) got the ball near the goal line, my wife screamed, "Don't give it to Maroney!" Then he made his touchdown, which caused her to say, "Well, maybe this time it was okay."

When Maroney (twice) got the ball near the goal line, my wife screamed, "Don't give it to Maroney!" Then he made his touchdown, which caused her to say, "Well, maybe this time it was okay."

To me, that's not a "just this time" thing, it's a trend... with the Jets game, he suddenly had no problem getting the 1 yarder where previously he'd get 2 shots and lose a yard each time. With the Dolphins, well, he just ran wild... and again with the Gintz, the stripe was no problem, and he was shaking off tackles to get there.

I think the reason we went after him has a lot to do with what we saw against the Dolphins - the home run potential, as well as reliable yardage all over the field. As he's gotten better at the goal line he's become more of the complete back of the future we're all salivating over.

Makes you impatient for 2 weeks from now!

PFnV

A tidbit to include about rushing against the Giants: They led the league in tackling rushers for negative yards.

LOMO Is the man!
We are just starting to see the cusp of what he is capable of achieving.
Look at it this way, The Patriots and Colts who do not miss on first rounders both loved this guy as did Shannahan that knows running backs.
That should be enough said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents