PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Unfortunately, the Walsh tapes will inspire Specter

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showtopic=66095 you forgot the biggest crybabies of them all, fuggin Bills fans:D

Two comments:

1 - Amazing level of ignorance on that board, even more so than on other boards, they don't even know what the rule the Pats broke says.

2 - For the first time reading those comments didn't piss me off, it actually amused me. I mean, they actually think it's a bombshell and Belichick is gonna be suspended or fired now so it's gonna be great watching them put their feet in their mouths.

...and did any of those teams or fans try to place blame on everybody else for their wrong doings? No. Shula, like Bellichick, took his punishment like a man, kept his mouths shut, and moved on. You guys sound like 4th grade school girls trying to blame everybody but us. WE DID WRONG, man up.

So let me get this straight, you signed up for this site in November of last year, and since have made nine posts, most of them today, just to tell "fellow" Pats fans that we're all douchebags? Yeah I really believe you are a Boston sports fan:rolleyes:

...and did any of those teams or fans try to place blame on everybody else for their wrong doings? No. Shula, like Bellichick, took his punishment like a man, kept his mouths shut, and moved on. You guys sound like 4th grade school girls trying to blame everybody but us. WE DID WRONG, man up.
Whether that's true or not I don't know (but suspect it isn't). One thing I do know is that after having been acquired by the Dolphins in a shady manner, and having his team punished Shula still saw fit to publicly decry the Pats and saying how they should have "asterisks". In my book, that is called "hypocrisy".

Remind yourself - the rule in question was only made stronger in 2006.

Unless I'm mistaken, before then the rule was pretty clear about taping for the purposes of that game were prohibited.

How could the Patriots violate a rule in 2002 and before that didn't exist until 2006?

What don't you understand, Joe? Walsh has NOTHING new.

The Patriots admitted to Goodell, the public and God Above already back in September 2007 that they did this from 2000 on.

They were already punished for doing so by losing their 1st round pick and $750,000.

Remind yourself, we broke a rule. Cheating is different, it is breaking a rule and using it to a competitive advantage. Players and coaches break rules every game. All game. Not the right word. News flash, there is zero evidence of this happening, and the description that was just received actually supports that. While I'm in a rare mood, and you're a newb who has been a douche about this at least twice in 2 threads that I've read in the past 10 minutes, I'll say the same thing I said to Fanetic. Eat a D!ck.

Great clarification Zeke.....we BROKE a RULE.......We did not CHEAT......There is a huge difference. EVERY team in the NFL STEALS signals in one way or another. Heck, the Miami Doofins did the SAME THING against us in 2006 (I think it was...), and actually took it one step further by BUYING the tape from the NY Jests!!!!! I also seem to recall a story where the Jests players were talking about a rumor that they "knew Brady's cadence count"....Hmmmm...how do you suppose they got that kind of audio etc?

This guy was a troll just looking to be a d-bag....forget about it......It is time to move on on this ....>Sphincter should concentrate on his cancer treatments and doing what is right for his constituents......

Specter's not going to do anything. He's dying of cancer which is unfortunate, but also a fact. Beyond that, he has no power to do anything.

Oh I disagree here.......this jacka## will never stop pushing his homer agenda until they bury him in the ground........His beloved eagles LOST to the Pats and he can not get over it........Pathetic loser.........He has wasted millions of taxpayers dollars on a personal agenda that is meaningless........How about sending that money that you burned into the ghettos of Philly you piece of SH**!!!!!

Heck, the Miami Doofins did the SAME THING against us in 2006 (I think it was...), and actually took it one step further by BUYING the tape from the NY Jests!!!!!

Schneikie, I forgot about that. For my own personal demons (college roommate) does anyone have links to articles about that from back in the day? Now I'm more pissed! But good reminder stcjones, some of these things were SO not mentioned/emphasized at the time that until spygate, I forgot what a preponderance of "cheating" (ROFLMAO) was taking place.

[edit] Found a neat article here: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080219170558AAuloTd

Was this any of us? Great writeup and great additional examples given...

Last edited:
Since one of the tapes were of the AFC Championship game in 2002, no doubt Arlen Specter will use this as a rallying cry to say that he needs to investigate it more. Since it was professionally edited, it supports the Pats claims that they don't use the tapes in games. But I assume that won't stop Specter.

Specter is a non-issue. He can not influence any decision and his opinion is no more important than yours & mine.

I WANT to see the tapes, especially that one where Herm Edwards' is waving to the camera. That should show the public how silly it was for all this media coverage to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes