PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Under the radar? Cardinals are 8-2 in their last 10 games

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is definitely a week to week league where anything can happen (as today proves), but here are the Cards next 5 games:

vs. Philly
vs. Miami
@ St Louis
vs Buffalo
@ Minnesota

Maybe if we can make it 14-2 run in our last 16 games and a 7-0 start, then opposing teams and their fans will actually give us credit for beating them instead of pointing to all of the excuses when they lose to us?

It is definitely a week to week league where anything can happen (as today proves), but here are the Cards next 5 games:

vs. Philly
vs. Miami
@ St Louis
vs Buffalo
@ Minnesota

Maybe if we can make it 14-2 run in our last 16 games and a 7-0 start, then opposing teams and their fans will actually give us credit for beating them instead of pointing to all of the excuses when they lose to us?
Congrats on the win today gmabel830. It takes a bit of luck to beat New England at Foxboro and it appeared to be on your side today. Go create some hell for the rest of the season. Your D is very, very good.

Hey gmabel830, congratulations on the win today. I know the Cardinals have had a tough time with games on the east coast the last few years so the win today was surely very gratifying. I (we) knew your team had a good defense, but the Cardinals surely opened up some eyes today. Too bad for you (and thankfully for us) the game wasn't seen by more of the nation. Regardless of the woulda' coulda' shoulda's, Arizona played very well and deserved to win this game; enjoy and celebrate the victory.

Thank you very much for your insight on the team during the week leading up to the game; it's very much appreciated. Civil discussion from fans of opposing teams is always welcome and something that happens far too rarely in my opinion.

Good luck to you, your comrades at ASFN and the Cardinals the rest of the way this year.

Last edited:
Congrats on the win today gmabel830. It takes a bit of luck to beat New England at Foxboro and it appeared to be on your side today. Go create some hell for the rest of the season. Your D is very, very good.

Thanks, and didn't mean to sound like a douche or anything... but I do think the Cards performance on defense was the main reason for the result -- not the officiating (which was inconsistent, at best), not the Pats offense gameplan, not the Hernandez injury. They all probably helped, no doubt, but that didn't decide the game -- in my humble opinion at least.

Hey gmabel, congratulations on the win today. I know the Cardinals have had a tough time with games on the east coast the last few years. I (we) knew you had a good defense, but the Cardinals surely opened up some eyes today. Too bad for you (and thankfully for us) the game wasn't seen by more of the nation. Regardless of the woulda' coulda' shoulda's, Arizona played very well and deserved to win this game; enjoy and celebrate the victory.

Good luck to you, your comrades at ASFN and the Cardinals the rest of the way this year.

Thanks.. was very, very surprised by the result. I thought our defense was enough to hang around with New England, but I didn't think we would be able to shut them down the way they did. And, the next several games do seem favorable, so this loss might not look so bad in a couple of weeks.

The back 9 games on our schedule are brutal -- offense is going to have to show improvement for us to be successful over the long haul.

Thanks, and didn't mean to sound like a douche or anything... but I do think the Cards performance on defense was the main reason for the result -- not the officiating (which was inconsistent, at best), not the Pats offense gameplan, not the Hernandez injury. They all probably helped, no doubt, but that didn't decide the game -- in my humble opinion at least.
Personally, the Woodhead TD should have been a TD. It's hard to justify that as a holding call (but these officials have become a joke). Either way, the Patriots missed a makable FG, the Cardinals played good defense and put up 7 on a turnover. You got the result and that's all that matters.

It's interesting out of that loss, I've come away feeling pretty happy and confident that the Defense is going to perform in 2012. The struggles of the Offense have been the same for years. I don't expect that to change overnight (but it would be nice).

Last edited:

Your D played great. Hernandez is the Pats #1 option however, so you can't minimize the importance of him being lost on the first series. Kolb is very limited. You can win any week because of your D but you can lose any week because your QB's basically stink.

Cards defense is legit, congrats. That said the biggest part of the game was Welkers drop followed by the blocked punt, that's where you guys won the game.

Arizona surprised me today - but they also impressed me. They have a nice team that may compete in their division - definitely in the Conference. They have a tough D and a little consistency at QB and that O will get going. I had no idea they were as good as they are.

Personally, the Woodhead TD should have been a TD. It's hard to justify that as a holding call (but these officials have become a joke). Either way, the Patriots missed a makable FG, the Cardinals played good defense and put up 7 on a turnover. You got the result and that's all that matters.

It's interesting out of that loss, I've come away feeling pretty happy and confident that the Defense is going to perform in 2012. The struggles of the Offense have been the same for years. I don't expect that to change overnight.

It looked like a hold to me, but as I saw in another thread -- the key is consistency, and you can probably point to other plays that looked very similar and weren't called. It is the consistency of the officiating that is the biggest concern. The call at the end wasn't an abomination by any means (like giving Seattle a 4th timeout incorrectly last week), but you'd have a valid case to make if you compared that play against others that weren't called.

It looked like a hold to me, but as I saw in another thread -- the key is consistency, and you can probably point to other plays that looked very similar and weren't called. It is the consistency of the officiating that is the biggest concern. The call at the end wasn't an abomination by any means (like giving Seattle a 4th timeout incorrectly last week), but you'd have a valid case to make if you compared that play against others that weren't called.

If that was a hold then Gronk was held on the 2 point try.

I'd be inclined to agree with you if I hadn't just seen Michael Crabtree do the exact same thing and spring Mario Manningham for a 30 yard gain. In the greater scheme of things, it was one play among many that defeated the Patriots today. To single out that play is unfair to the good work of the Cardinals and numerous missed opportunities on the Patriots' behalf.

Your D played great. Hernandez is the Pats #1 option however, so you can't minimize the importance of him being lost on the first series. Kolb is very limited. You can win any week because of your D but you can lose any week because your QB's basically stink.

Fair enough -- also worth noting that I think the two teams we have played (Seattle and New England) also both have elite defenses, so I still have hope for some offensive improvement. The O-line hasn't been great by any means, but has held up better than expected in pass protection. Need to see a little more on the ground though, and two Williams fumbles in really bad spots (especially this week) is concerning.

As said above, plenty of things for you guys to be excited about on your defense, and not exactly panic time on offense with the weapons you guys have.

Rhodes holds Gronk=No Call
Gronk holds Rhodes=Flag
Bull****

Fair enough -- also worth noting that I think the two teams we have played (Seattle and New England) also both have elite defenses, so I still have hope for some offensive improvement. The O-line hasn't been great by any means, but has held up better than expected in pass protection. Need to see a little more on the ground though, and two Williams fumbles in really bad spots (especially this week) is concerning.

As said above, plenty of things for you guys to be excited about on your defense, and not exactly panic time on offense with the weapons you guys have.

yeah. You guys could really be trouble if you could get the ground game going.

Rhodes holds Gronk=No Call
Gronk holds Rhodes=Flag
Bull****

I think the Rhodes call could/should be a bigger argument than the Gronk call -- and like I said, the lack of consistency is most troubling.

There were a few calls that us Cards fans weren't happy with during the game, but they didn't happen at such critical moments of the game.

I think the Rhodes call could/should be a bigger argument than the Gronk call -- and like I said, the lack of consistency is most troubling.

There were a few calls that us Cards fans weren't happy with during the game, but they didn't happen at such critical moments of the game.

I admit, the Fitzgerald incomplete was bull. I don't think he had the 1st though would of been real close. In the end Gost had a chance to win it and he vanderjagted it. Man Rhodes pissed me off I woulda socked him if I were Gronk. See yall in New Orleans? ;)

I admit, the Fitzgerald incomplete was bull. I don't think he had the 1st though would of been real close. In the end Gost had a chance to win it and he vanderjagted it. Man Rhodes pissed me off I woulda socked him if I were Gronk. See yall in New Orleans? ;)

Sounds good to me -- hey, why not us, right? :D

And thanks to all for being gracious hosts this week. Still not sure if I really want to do this with Philly fans next week or not!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Back