PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Uncle Meat's Outrage - Hypocrisy of Complaints on Bad Penalties & Non-Flags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackson 2

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Since intense focus on bad calls continued this week, did anyone hear from Uncle Meat about that outrageous non-call involving Hooman on the goal line? The Almighty Advocate for Sensible Officiating (aka AASO) must have been incensed by the injustice. C'mon Meat, it's check-in time...

re: Uncle Meat's Outrage - Hypocrisy of Complaints on Bad Penalties & Non-Flags

I agreed with his stance on the flag against Cleveland, but you usually won't hear from good ol' Uncle Meat when the call goes against the Patriots. For me, I can see why the refs don't flag a routine holding call. The non-call on the Dolphins holding, however, was pretty egregious. Anything but routine. The missed P.I. call was even worse. Someone (I forget who) posted a pic of that play from the end zone with the ball in the air. That would be pretty cool to bring up in this thread.

The Bills are 5-9 and have their bags packed.

My guess is that Uncle Meat has checked out for the season.

Has there been any actual outrage over the no call(s) at the end of the Phins game?

Has there been any actual outrage over the no call(s) at the end of the Phins game?

Nope. Refs didn't decide that game. Patriots had 2 downs that there weren't defensive penalties to get the ball in the endzone, clearly that should have been enough amirite? Meanwhile there's one questionable call against the browns and the media loses their mind...

Not much and I believe it's because we've all come to just expect it every week. Ho-hum and a huge yawn. The non-call in the end zone Monday night where the Ravens defender clearly held the Lions' receiver's arm in clear view of the back judge barely drew a comment. I think everyone's just become desensitized to it.

10,000 word response pending...

From Volin on Twitter:

Bbs527bCYAAxz9S.png

Looks like a catchable ball to me.

From Volin on Twitter:

Bbs527bCYAAxz9S.png

Nice view of the back of the referee's head. But I guess that's not his call - he's the umpire looking at the blocking and mawling. But how does a Back Judge (BJ for short) miss this call?

The ball looks "un-catchable" just like the Gronk picked up flag explanation. Of course it's uncatchable when your being bear hugged.

10,000 word response pending...
I never thought of that. You're right. Tolstoy redux.

Mods, please remove the offensive Meat from this thread...thanx

Since intense focus on bad calls continued this week, did anyone hear from Uncle Meat about that outrageous non-call involving Hooman on the goal line? The Almighty Advocate for Sensible Officiating (aka AASO) must have been incensed by the injustice. C'mon Meat, it's check-in time...

LOL, don't feed the trolls. He's not going to check in unless the call went IN FAVOR of the Pats. In which case, it's the worst call of all time. ;) Pats receivers being mauled but not getting the call, well that has become old hat hasn't it? We need to save our angst and outrage for when we DO get the call.

Honestly, it could have been a TD play for us. But a lot went wrong that game. I'm over it. We can still clinch the division and possibly the #2 seed by winning the rest of our games.

Why are we summoning the troll?

Why are we summoning the troll?
Mid-week boredom from a guy just slightly passed mid-life crisis - well, maybe moderately past it...

From Volin on Twitter:

Bbs527bCYAAxz9S.png

How could that not be called...the defender looks like a lineman...he was clearly beat and Hooman was gonna snag that one too.
Robbed again......in a big game too

How could that not be called...the defender looks like a lineman...he was clearly beat and Hooman was gonna snag that one too.
Robbed again......in a big game too

Fins knew the only way to stop Hooman was to hold and even then took a bit of luck on their part. The contact defenders get away with on Hooman is sickening. Can't way to see Hooman and Gronk out there again next season. Hooman really opens up the field for Gronk and others.

Fins knew the only way to stop Hooman was to hold and even then took a bit of luck on their part. The contact defenders get away with on Hooman is sickening. Can't way to see Hooman and Gronk out there again next season. Hooman really opens up the field for Gronk and others.

...sarcasm?

no one can really stop Homina...you can only slow him down and pray...

HominaI.jpg

Of course it was a former Turdbird that got away with PI. I've seen most Turdbird games this year and their defensive players get away with holding and pass interference on a regular basis. I guess the refs are instructed to swallow their whistles when penalties occur right in front of them. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe