PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Un-Lucky Whitehead cut for arrest that never happened

The most interesting part in my opinion about Whitehead is that he was an All-American at Dean College in Franklin in 2013, before transferring to Florida Atlantic. I didn't even know that Dean had a football team. He didn't grow up in Massachusetts, so I have no idea how he ended up in Franklin of all places.

My brother works at Dean. They have a ton of applicants from the southeast who couldn't get in to D-1 schools because of poor grades and SAT scores. All expecting a full scholarship of course, with no intention of staying the full four years; their plan is solely to get a good enough GPA to be able to transfer to a D1 program in a year or two.

He was trying, but failing, to act like Belichick. Like that Colts trick play.

Yeah that was a total joke. The way he just deflected that is pure ********. But you know Garrett knows he's an idiot and that everyone knows they're idiots.

To be fair I think BB would cut the player outright as well just like he did with Brandow Spikes a couple years ago and that's the right thing to do indeed for millionaire athletes who can't keep their **** together.

This (Lucky's case) was just an unfortunate situation and a sum of a few **** ups from other parts, the player really had no fault according to @Dorito Dink explanation.

I don't think that the Pats have a track record of overreaction to police interactions. It is a fact that the Patriots cut Spikes, however it was after enough time for them to understand the situation. In that case the facts were clearly not on the players side. I submit the Julian Edleman situation where he was drunk at a club and a couple of scam artists tried to claim he groped the woman. The team stayed out of it and let the facts dictate their actions. This was before he was a star, there was no reason to give special privileges.

At the end of the day the Patriots organization does pretty much everything the right way for the right reasons. As a fan during the dark days, I still can't believe that the same team has a realistic shot at another super bowl. Patsfans are lucky.

Obviously this sucks for Lucky.

But I think there's more to this story. The Cowboys spent a 4th-round pick on Ryan Switzer, a WR and punt returner, to replace Lucky even before this drama.

Then Lucky is in the news alleging his dog was stolen and some rapper stole it or something. The latest on that was that the rapper bought a stolen dog or something and I don't know, I don't care, but I don't want to see stupid stories about my punt returner if I'm Jerry Jones.

Then this whole shoplifting thing, and apparently someone has his SIN and info and maybe he knew Lucky and was close or maybe not. Maybe he's in with the wrong crowd, maybe it was just bad luck, I don't know, but again, don't want to hear this kind of stuff relating to some STer.

From the draft, it seemed like the Cowboys were intent on at least providing some serious competition for Lucky. And then all this weird drama pops up, so I think they were just tired of him for whatever reason. There was probably other stuff we don't know about in the background or in the locker room.

That locker room is a **** show right now, undisciplined, filled with criminals and drug users and lunatics, and if they weren't even willing to put up with Lucky, maybe there's something to that.

Not that unlucky - just delayed gratification. Play for the Jets, then sign with NE and get a ring.

Then this whole shoplifting thing, and apparently someone has his SIN and info and maybe he knew Lucky and was close or maybe not. Maybe he's in with the wrong crowd, maybe it was just bad luck, I don't know, but again, don't want to hear this kind of stuff relating to some STer.

In the US they call it a social security number I believe.

20423925_1603163829702145_7842763428914303387_o.jpg

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back