PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Un-Lucky Whitehead cut for arrest that never happened

if they cut him stating it was due to the arrest, and he wasn't in fact arrested

is that not grounds for a suit?
I'm sure they didn't state that, and no, they can cut him for any and no reason.

The Patriots did the same thing, they cut that Hernandez kid and now he's be found not guilty. :rolleyes:

Sounds like the Police didn't fingerprint whoever they arrested. If they did, they would have found out instantly that it wasn't "Lucky".

The fact that whoever got arrested had his name, DOB, and SSN (and apparently reasonably resembles Lucky), I'm guessing its a brother or cousin.
Pretty sure they DID which is how they found out. Contrary to tv, it isn't an instantaneous thing.

The OP's headline of "fake news" is a little disappointing. The news media reported it correctly every step of the way: he was mistakenly identifed, waived and then exonerated. The screw-up belongs to the police for failing to identify the correct suspect and the moron Cowboys for cutting the guy without giving him a fair shake to explain what happened.

The term "fake news" has come to mean "something being reported in the press that I find upsetting or inconvenient."

All that matters is that if he had been a probowler this whole thing would have been a big bag of nothing to see here after jerry paid everyone off to shush up.

The Patriots did the same thing, they cut that Hernandez kid and now he's be found not guilty. :rolleyes:

Sounds like the Police didn't fingerprint whoever they arrested. If they did, they would have found out instantly that it wasn't "Lucky".

The fact that whoever got arrested had his name, DOB, and SSN (and apparently reasonably resembles Lucky), I'm guessing its a brother or cousin.

This isn't E-Germany and we aren't fingerprinted at birth by the state. If neither Lucky or the other guy ever committed a serious enough (?felony?) crime before, there would be no prints in the national/state databases to match (check). So, neither "instantly" nor even eventually.

Even though the police have decided that Lucky is innocent, this kid's not necessarily off the hook. Rodger's still Ommissioner, after all.

Lol that Jason Garrett Press conference was hilarious. One of the reporters asked if they have people who are too stupid to work for the Dallas Cowboys.

This isn't E-Germany and we aren't fingerprinted at birth by the state. If neither Lucky or the other guy ever committed a serious enough (?felony?) crime before, there would be no prints in the national/state databases to match (check). So, neither "instantly" nor even eventually.

First Off, yes, its pretty much instantly now, I have access to run fingerprints from my phone!! Granted most local cops don't have this ability, but fingerprints come back in seconds now, it is all automated.

Secondly, do you really think that someone who knew enough not to have an ID on him when he committed the crime, and had a false identity ready to go for the police, has never been arrested before?

I'm sure whoever it was, has been arrested before and most likely had warrants under his real name, hence to move to "Lucky".

Well he must have done something, right deflategaters?

The term "fake news" has come to mean "something being reported in the press that I find upsetting or inconvenient."
I wouldn't go that far. Sometimes it has, but the media doesn't have to be a good guy either in those conflicts. Often times there is no good guy.

Lucky is a buddy of mine from my hometown. He grew up in a really rough neighborhood and always kept his head on straight. When I heard the news, I couldn't help but be disappointed in him because I was sure it was just a case of still associating himself with the wrong crowd. I got a text from somebody who Lucky lived with in Northern VA that Lucky wasn't even in town when it happened. Somebody close with him (EDIT: it wasn't who I speculated previously, i should not have done that. It was another kid from our hometown who has been in and out of prison since high school), provided police with Lucky's name, SSN, etc. when he was arrested for the theft which is how this whole debacle started.

Regardless, F Jerry Jones and his phony/disingenuous culture excuse. You have signed known domestic violence felons and continue to defend your precious little RB/WR divas who are both thugs. This was the perfect "example" for Jerry to use to show his culture is improving by cutting a roster bubble ST guy. Lucky is a great kid and a phenomenal athlete. Here's to hoping another NFL team gives him a shot.
Yeah, that excuse from Jones was downright laughable considering he had zero issues with signing Hardy.

The most interesting part in my opinion about Whitehead is that he was an All-American at Dean College in Franklin in 2013, before transferring to Florida Atlantic. I didn't even know that Dean had a football team. He didn't grow up in Massachusetts, so I have no idea how he ended up in Franklin of all places.

Not in this neck of the woods.

"Fake news" is simply when the narrative becomes more central to the story than the facts, and in a story where the facts aren't even in yet (in which case WHY is the media going to print with this stuff already?) that happens a lot.

Even though the police have decided that Lucky is innocent, this kid's not necessarily off the hook. Rodger's still Ommissioner, after all.
The NFL has to worry about integrity and the image of the shield.
Surely there are people out there who lost respect for the league by hearing that one of their players was arrested for shoplifting.
You can't undo that. So whitehead will no doubt has to serve a suspension for being accused.

Yeah, that excuse from Jones was downright laughable considering he had zero issues with signing Hardy.
Apparently a woman beater deserves a chance to redeem themselves and the cowboys consider themselves a vehicle of redemption to not only help the player but society as a whole. Until the player plays like crap.
But being accused of shoplifting is just to heinous a crime to allow for redemption that is reserved for men who beat the crap out of women.

Lol that Jason Garrett Press conference was hilarious. One of the reporters asked if they have people who are too stupid to work for the Dallas Cowboys.
He was trying, but failing, to act like Belichick. Like that Colts trick play.

And on the same day, says that the Pats are "role models" in reference to the way he wants his team run. Said that they dealt with the suspension admirably despite him being one of the masters in orchestrating the punishment. Seriously f that old man

I'm sure they didn't state that, and no, they can cut him for any and no reason.
I dont know, Jerry's comments or a press release may have mentioned how he was arrested so they let him go

at least defamation of character?

First Off, yes, its pretty much instantly now, I have access to run fingerprints from my phone!! Granted most local cops don't have this ability, but fingerprints come back in seconds now, it is all automated.

Secondly, do you really think that someone who knew enough not to have an ID on him when he committed the crime, and had a false identity ready to go for the police, has never been arrested before?

I'm sure whoever it was, has been arrested before and most likely had warrants under his real name, hence to move to "Lucky".

FTW, You are getting a little hot under collar while not reading one word of mine: IF
We are essentially saying same thing, but you focused on speed of search - me focused on you can't disprove the lie if no data is there. You're right, odds are once a criminal twice a criminal, but you can't assume either.

Have a good one man -take it easy.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back