PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Uh oh, Peytie Pie might have committed academic fraud...

Status
Not open for further replies.
This story is a distraction from his HGH usage. I wouldn't be surprised if his people were the ones who put it out there. It's better to be a dumb kid than to be a lying cheater.

Regarding if this is sexual assault or not, most people will not view it that way, based on the fact that Manning's already painted them an image of the incident in his stupid book. I'm not sure what happened because in Saxon's letter, he stated that he felt the trainer was taking it too far by suing him for it and that he wasn't on anybody's side. Is it possible that Manning pulled down his pants and sat down a bit to pass gas on her head and she happened to look up and got slapped in the face with his genitals? Or did he actually try to rub her face with his butt? I don't know, but since the issue was settled years ago, it's hard for me to care. All I know is that he took HGH and no-one's talking about it.

For me personally, the UT story is bigger than PEDton's use of HGH, especially now that facts are coming to light that were in the dark.

What we know is that PEDton pulled a pretty vulgar stunt with the woman and then paid her off to keep her quiet. She was then forced to leave the school along with the person who substantiated her claim. Then PEDton and his jerkoff old man decided to yuk it up about it, in a book of all places, and took a few shots at her to discredit her. PEDton then paid the girl off again.

What we now also know is that the woman he assaulted had made claims that PEDton may have committed academic fraud. He could be guilty of lying, cheating and sexual assault.

I would have been outraged then if it were proven ... not 19 years later just to jump on some vendetta bandwagon. so where has your outrage been for 19 years? Why now?

this story has been out there for a very long time ...
This story is just Manning bandwagon vendetta ... not defending the honor of Miss Naughright.

I'm just calling B.S. when I see it.

FWIW, I bet the vast majority of fans had never heard of any of this until last week. I've been following football for 40 years (the NFL more than college) and this was the first I'd heard of it.

I bet I'm far from alone.

Icy - I think you are missing the recent revelation that the Mannings went on a smear campaign against Naughtright. I don't recall hearing about that previously on here. That, coupled with the timing of that revelation due to a lawsuit against UT on the heels of SB 50 and last year's character assassination of TB12 might explain why you are seeing such strong reactions to this.

Yea thats my position too.

I knew he did something to her chalked it up to a college prank. I didn't realize what and didn't know the cover up that followed.

So...I now deem PM and his dad major a- holes.

I'm also angry that the HGH investigation is going cold.

I just saw a Nationwide ad and it didn't include PEDton. That hasn't happened in a long time.

Hm hm hm hm hm hm hmmm
Nationwide's not on his side.

No I'm not missing the point IMO ...
It's old news .... all of a sudden many are outraged to defend the Misses honor.
If I wasn't outraged for the last 19 years I am not going to let ESPN/Manning hatred make me outraged now.
ESPN and the NFL are the greatest example of conditioning since Pavlov's dog is how I see it.
Archie Manning has been a phony for many years ... this is not new news.

I don't care much for Manning ...do not hate him either.
but I am not going to let ESPN or the NFL condition how I feel about him due their Brady propaganda.

So how did you get a hold of the recently filed lawsuit 19 years ago?

I had heard rumors, but until the King story, I didn't realize how bad it was. So the assumption that people knew all the details, and are just now reacting, and doing so irrationally, is false. In general, it is charitable to assume your interlocutors are behaving rationally, unless they give reason to think otherwise. I know that's hard to do in the age of the internet, but we are more of a family here than the average interwebs.

Newface.jpg

I think there's more to it, there's over 100 pages redacted, it must go much deeper than skipping one lecture.

All the people who keep trumpeting the "The destruction of the spygate tapes means there was something much worse going on" argument have to believe the redacted pages are hiding something very bad about Peyton, right? I'm sure we'll be hearing from them very soon.
:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Wow! I read the linked WAPO story and it seems Peyton gave three million dollars in hush money to the school in 2015 to have a wing named after Pegano! Naturally the Post could not get Pegano to "remember" the incident but instead Pegano lavished praise on Manning and trieed to downplay the incident that he had no memory of.

It must have been a big deal for so much to be redacted from the record by Mannings lawyers and for Manning to buy Peganos silence just last year in anticipation of this coming under scrutiny.

Not defending Manning in the least, but there aren't a lot of players in the NFL who didn't commit academic 'fraud; while in 'college'. I can hardly color him any different than most jocks in D1 football who go on to the NFL.

Yea thats my position too.

I knew he did something to her chalked it up to a college prank. I didn't realize what and didn't know the cover up that followed.

So...I now deem PM and his dad major a- holes.

I'm also angry that the HGH investigation is going cold.

The only hope of Manning getting outed for HGH lays with the lawsuits and investigation by baseball, the NFL will never take action.

Come on, everyone knows that only rape at knifepoint is actually sexual assault. Everything shy of that is just college shenanigans.
Ah, the Bill Clinton definition, I guess...hand jobs and blow jobs didn't constitute "sex with that woman," so what you wrote must be his definition of sexual assault as well. :)

What I do wonder is- if all the BS didn't happen to Brady this past year and deflategate never existed, are we still this enraged about this?

I think it's important to keep a couple of things separate here.

One is whatever did or didn't happen between Manning and the trainer umpteen years ago, as an isolated incident. I think it's fair to say that Manning has "paid the price" for that singular event.

However, that same incident can fairly be cited as part of the Title IX lawsuit alleging a pattern of the University and its administrators condoning a Hostile Environment for women at the school. In that case, it's non unreasonable to expect the people bringing that suit to pull Manning in as a high profile "exhibit" of a pattern of behavior by the University.

Is that "fair?" No.

Does that matter? No.

Would the backup to the backup to the backup left tackle on that team, who never played a snap at Tennessee (let alone in the NFL) have his name dragged into this if he had done what Manning is alleged to have done? Of course not. But, the fame that has enabled Peyton to make millions in endorsements is a two-edged sword and now it's cutting against him.

Unlike most here, I do not think Manning is some sexual predator who doesn't give a **** what he does to women. He was 19, it was an idiotic move on his part, but it was 20 years ago and he hasn't been in trouble for any other assault related incidents since.

To me this is simply about a guy who's too arrogant to fess up for his mistakes he made in college. That's the fair point to question here. Let's not sit here though and act like he's Greg Hardy, though.

I believe Icy is referencing the story that got glossed over and the smear campaign.

2003 - lawsuit.

2003 - story.

References have been made in many of the threads over the years where the media is slamming Brady and exalting Manning.

Personally, now that Manning's career is over, the media coverage is a bit over the top given the fact a google search would have revealed much of this history and more. No media outlet should be claiming the underlying story is a revelation. The suit is new, but not the story. It's a bit disingenuous for the media to offer the underlying story when there were largely crickets more than a decade ago. Manning has served his purpose for the media, so now it's okay to discuss the salacious details.

With that said, do I believe this happened? Yes. Would it be considered sexual assault? Yes. Does the handling of it by the university, Mannings or NFL surprise me? No. To me the trainer's story is similar to the Lance Armstrong smear targets before he was taken down. When presenting a hero makes financial sense, go with that. When the race is run, profess shock and outrage and bleed the last few drops of stories on that fallen hero. It is becoming a tired cycle (and no, I am not calling Manning a hero, just offering the theme).

I would have been outraged then if it were proven ... not 19 years later just to jump on some vendetta bandwagon. so where has your outrage been for 19 years? Why now?

Outrage has an expiration date?

This is a silly argument but the weird thing is I would typically be prone to agree with you. In fact I've ignored a lot of the **** people on this board said about this incident because this board is so anti-Manning. I actually like(d) Manning, respected him as a worthy adversary.

But between the HGH thugs and this you start seeing a pattern of behavior which hints at a terrible character. That's why I'm outraged now, because there's more than just one event and there's been more details brought to my attention that color the event.

Changing the debate to whether or not I'm allowed to be upset now about it is a non-starter. I am upset about it now, end of discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST