PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ty Warren looking for new agent for future contract negotiations in 2009?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should send your resume to the FO. That sounds like the kind of early offer they've insulted most of the soon to be disgruntled with in the past. LOL

I wish someone would insult me with a 24 or 30 million dollar offer.

He's a DE who is being touted as a pro bowler. Richard is getting $30M in 3 years with $18M guaranteed. Freeney is reportedly looking for $9M per with $30M in guarantees. I think the going rate for top 5 DE's is $8-9M. Top ten is between $7M-8M. If they want to keep him they need to start somewhere well north of $4-5M. That's what they were offering Asante last fall BEFORE he started piling up his picks. And look where that got them.

You never know. He may want the security of getting a deal done early. Do 3-4 DEs command the same salary as 4-3 DEs who have the flashy sack totals? Other than Seymour who are some other 7-9M 3-4 Ends?

Elite 300 lb 3-4 DEs are worth their weight in gold, like the Agha Khan. Warren must be taken care of.

OK, I just worked the numbers. Gold currently runs $650/oz, which would make a 300 lb 3-4 DE good for $3,120,000. No go. Even platinum might not get it done. I'm thinking Warren is looking for saffron-level dollars.

OK, I just worked the numbers. Gold currently runs $650/oz, which would make a 300 lb 3-4 DE good for $3,120,000. No go. Even platinum might not get it done. I'm thinking Warren is looking for saffron-level dollars.
;) You get tired of the cliches too, eh? ;)

eh id say its definatley Wilfork because his position. We've seen Seymour go down before and Green did pretty good imo. We saw Wilfork go down last year and our run D went down the gutter.

I'm a huge Wilfork fan. I actually wanted the Pats to draft Wilfork in the '03 draft, but Vince ended up staying at Miami. And as important as a natural 34 nose is in anchoring the line, I'm really not sure that Wilfork is the most critical component on that line. I'd rather not struggle with this thought for it makes my head hurt.

Also, yes, the run D was less effective when Wilfork suffered an injury. However, let's not forget that the run D showed a notable decline during the Chicago game and thereafter. Look at the number of teams that ran for over 100 against the Pats D prior to the Chicago game and after, and if you're feeling up to it, look at the YPC also during the same stretch. IOW, the run D really took a hit when Seau was lost for the season in the game against the Bears. The loss of Wilfork only made matters worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes