PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ANNOUNCEMENT Tweets in Signatures - Please remove them

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
This came up over the weekend and I'm asking anyone with a Tweet in their signature to remove it. When you're posting multiple times in a thread, the Tweet has to load with each instance because they're embedded, not hosted here and it slows things down. I know it stinks, but it's affecting performance especially for those on mobile, so please remove it.

This came up over the weekend and I'm asking anyone with a Tweet in their signature to remove it. When you're posting multiple times in a thread, the Tweet has to load with each instance because they're embedded, not hosted here and it slows things down. I know it stinks, but it's affecting performance especially for those on mobile, so please remove it.
Thanks Ian. That will be a big improvement. I’d be happy to see you implement a technical filter to remove them.

And it’s not just performance loading them. There is one poster, I’ll refrain from naming, but their sig block usually totally obscures any content in their posts. Not sure why they bother, except maybe to inflate their post count.

Thanks Ian. That will be a big improvement. I’d be happy to see you implement a technical filter to remove them.

And it’s not just performance loading them. There is one poster, I’ll refrain from naming, but their sig block usually totally obscures any content in their posts. Not sure why they bother, except maybe to inflate their post count.
I'm going to let people remove them first. After a week or whatever, for the ones that don't, I'll go in and remove it - at least from signatures. But I’d rather let people do it on their own first. Obviously, posting/sharing them with relevant news, etc. is fine.

Last edited:
come take it

Another example of woke social media giants silencing twitter users!!

(Just kidding, just stirring the pot because im bored)

Another example of woke social media giants silencing twitter users!!

(Just kidding, just stirring the pot because im bored)
LOL, yours is sort of a classic. Definitely can tell which posts are yours ;)

How about a......

OIP.NJu84mv70L0sPa2hlVq1hAHaHa

• Ha Ha
Reactions: Ian
I really hate tweets in the game day thread that serve no purpose but to show an observation that everyone in the game thread have already made.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back