PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ATTENTION: Uploading Animated GIFs of Plays, etc. In Signatures, etc.

What interests me in this is since they seem to deem it illegal to capture thier games in any format, then how do they deal with folks who DVR the games? The DVR system is owned by your provider, so there's TWO folks involved in it. an they force, say, DirecTV from allowing folks to DVR games?

Same goes, then, for having folks over to view the game with you?

Curiouser and curiouser.
I believe personal use is always allowed.

Damn, I just changed my avatar from TB12 jersey to TB12's own logo. What kind of low life thuggery is this **** ??

Damn, I just changed my avatar from TB12 jersey to TB12's own logo. What kind of low life thuggery is this **** ??
For now I wouldn't worry about anything except uploading game footage here, I don't want everyone worrying about their existing avatars with logos, etc. That's different and for now I'm leaving that alone and not worrying about it.

Otherwise, we're on to Washington :cool:

I started to follow the NFL and Star Trek at the same time.....how are they connected? About 15 years ago you found lots of ST sites with pictures/sound bites, then Paramount lawyers made them take them down, being hard ball on fair use. Interestingly, Star Trek has not done so well since. Is it because they suppressed their fandom or their creativity has waned? As it relates to the NFL, I see the fair use issue as a potential sign the NFL is obsessed with money and losing sight of fan sustainability.

Done. RIP, sig.

If you get sued just make sure it lands in front of Judge Berman and start your argument with "Well as you know Judge the NFL feels you have no authority over them........"

As a technological moron, does this mean I can or can't post YT clips? How about image URLs? If those are OK, what exactly can't I do?

As a technological moron, does this mean I can or can't post YT clips? How about image URLs? If those are OK, what exactly can't I do?

No worries. You can link to whatever - just can't directly upload it onto our server. :)

No worries. You can link to whatever - just can't directly upload it onto our server. :)

Is that the "upload a file" comment option?

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back