Welcome to PatsFans.com

Tully Banta Cain's take

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by dryheat44, Sep 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dryheat44

dryheat44 Rookie

Ratings:
    +78 / 2 / -0

#75 Jersey

http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/default.asp?item=676365

The best perspective on this situation was delivered by outside linebacker Tully Banta-Cain, who is in his first year with the 49ers after spending his first four NFL seasons with the Patriots.

"When you lose a guy like me, you're going to do whatever it takes to get the edge to win," Banta-Cain said.

(He was joking, of course. "Please don't write that I was serious," he said.)
  2. chris_in_sunnyvale

chris_in_sunnyvale Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

Funny quote.

On a related note, TBC looked like poop against the Cards. I don't know how many of you on the east coast stayed up to watch that game, but the Cards did their best to exploit him with draws, screens and traps to his side. SF rookie MLB Patrick Willis and the underrated SF secondary saved his bacon.

Regards,
    Chris
  3. bbabin

bbabin Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I must say, during that game I was cursing that the Patriots have SF's pick and therefore I had a reason to be interested. It must have been one of the worst football games I have seen in a long time and was kind of an embarrassment. Especially the final game-winning drive. You'd think with a chance to fall on a fumble to seal the game you'd be able to focus enough not to push the ball into your opponent's arms. Oh well.

This also followed Baltimore's inability to score with 7 "and goal" situations, finally culminating in an interception.
  4. sieglo

sieglo Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Isn't it ironic that a guy who could never set the edge is now givig advice on how to get the edge? :D
  5. primetime

primetime Rookie

Ratings:
    +229 / 22 / -10

#18 Jersey

He didn't even have to fall on the fumble. He just had to kick it out of the end zone.

Willis looked like a beast, though. He's going to be good, real good.
  6. BadMoFo

BadMoFo Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Here's Fauria's take on the situation.

7. primetime

primetime Rookie

Ratings:
    +229 / 22 / -10

#18 Jersey

Sounds like the Panthers do it too. Give me a break, this should've been a non-story.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.