PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Troy Brown:Brady has "Drew Bledsoe factor"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Comcast Sportstonight: Troy Brown says quote: " You can start to talk about a little bit of the Drew Bledsoe factor coming into here and the reason he is not in the NFL anymore is because he could not move in the pocket"

Curly Haired Boy: "Brady has zero mobility. If people are covered he just swallows it and takes the sack. Watching the games back to back you say, yeah, Roethisberger is sliding around in there and getting some yardage, with Tom there is not an option."

Tanguay: "Roethisberger is 28 and doing what Tom used to do. Brady doesn't do that anymore."

Troy Brown having heard what he just said, reversed field and contradicted himself by saying that Tom could move within the pocket. The segment was filled with speculation about how much the knee & foot injuries have lowered Brady's effectiveness.

Are people ******ed? Really? People listen to this stuff? Since when has Brady been mobile? Since when does he not move around in the pocket? He does....he just doesn't run....he'd not very good at it and never has been. And, with Mendenhall killing it with his carries this past Sunday- it loosened up the coverage on the recivers, no? I think these talking heads just like to amp up the discussion for ratings. Only explanation.

Last edited:
I will go with Ron Jaworski who says that Brady is the most mobile QB in the NFL. No QB today, maybe in history, the ability of Brady to feel the rush and step up right at the right time to avoid the rush. Unfortunately for him, his one weakness with this is if there is pressure up the middle. But that is a problem for any pocket QB.

I was a fan of Bledsoe's, the guy was a statue in the pocket. He was nothing like Brady.

Agreed. Brady just had one of the best seasons in the history of football. He clearly is better at buying time in the pocket then any other player in the league and he is clearly a better player then Big Ben; and that is not a disrespect to him. Brady is the best QB in football. The Jet game was not his fault. Our offense around him got abused by the Jets. The recievers werent open and the O-line did a poor job. To compound that, the defense couldn't get off the field or make big stops. Brady is not the problem. He is the best player in football and possibly the history of the league.

Troy Brown, I love you for what you've done for this team, but seriously, WTF man.

So he's the MVP, and one bad game and all of a sudden he's Drew Bledsoe 2.0?

I don't even know why I pay attention to this crap.

strawman for the loss:rolleyes:

Troy Brown, I love you for what you've done for this team, but seriously, WTF man.

Right?
Too much time to run their mouths, not enough to say.
Times like these, my radio, ESPN etc are off.

Crumpler makes the catch,
no fake punt fiasco,
Brady INT revoked,
any one of the above and
we are all talkin' about beating Pittsy.

Brady, stats in the playoff loose were a lot better then big ben and aaron rodgers the two most moble QB's not named Vick in the NFL when Brady gets a defense like the packers and steelers have the pats will win the SB

The bye sucks. They always come out flat.
Care to reconsider that statement?

Or have you lost your long term memory?

Another example of the most recent game being a trend, and everything prior to that is irrelevant. The Patriots have won 11 of their last 12 games coming off a bye.

Brady, stats in the playoff loose were a lot better then big ben and aaron rodgers the two most moble QB's not named Vick in the NFL when Brady gets a defense like the packers and steelers have the pats will win the SB
Pats need a running game as well.

Lets give Brady a benefits of a doubt on his fractured toe injuries which made him can't run and avoided the sack in the Jets game. Let wait until next season and you all can judge his mobility when the battle begin.

I think we're all pretty sure Brady will have a fantastic regular season next year. Its worrying about the possible fourth consecutive playoff loss that concerns most.

There are many ways to win. With a great in-pocket passer such as Brady/Manning or scrambling/running quarterbacks such as Rothlisberger/Vick.

Rothlisberger is unique in that he is big with a linebackers physique, has good mobility and a strong arm and can throw while scrambling on the run. There are very few with that combination of talents. Unlike the lighter Vick, who only this year showed off the ability to throw on the run, Ben is not inclined to run as a first or second or third choice. he runs when his receivers are covered or he sees open space. Very effective. Note, in 7 years he is taking the Steelers to their third super Bowl -- and he won the first two.

Different strokes....different ways to win. Play to your strengths. You dance with what got you here or with whaT you drafted.

I have noticed Tom standing stock-still in the pocket more than previously this season. Used to be, he shifted his weight more while surveying the field, like a boxer, almost. What does it mean? Who knows--

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST