PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Trade: J. Maclin for F. Gore?

PatriotsNorth

On the Roster
Reaction score
So, I need some opinions on a trade. I was offered Frank Gore straight up for Jeremy Maclin. Both got a little dinged on Sunday, but reports are they should both be OK. I am very thin at RB, and while I don't have "stud" depth at WR, I have some inter-changeable parts.

This is a standard, non-PPR, 12-team league. What do you think???

Here's my team:

QB
A. Rodgers

RB
M. Jones-Drew
B. Green-Ellis
J. Stewart

WR
V. Jackson
J. Maclin
L. Moore
N. Washington
A. Collie
R. Williams

TE
F. Davis
A. Hernandez

K
B. Cundiff

DEF
Lions

I have Gore on one of my teams and needless to say I was bitterly disappointed yesterday. I wasn't all that high on high going into the draft but he fell so far I grabbed him, and after Jamal Charles went on IR I'm kind of counting on him ... uggh. I picked up Daniel Thomas and Ray Helu, so maybe one of them can take Gore's place.

Anyways, back to your situation: despite what I said above I think I'd make that trade. With Kenny Britt on IR Nate Washington should be a decent option at WR2, and wide receivers are easier to find than running backs.

The other thing to consider is trading one of either Davis or Hernandez in a 2-for-2 or 3-for-3 package deal once Hernandez is back in the lineup.

Thanks for the reply.

You were shrewd/lucky to get both Thomas and Helu...you were dealt ****ty luck with Charles, but now at least you have some depth...hope it works out for you!

That sir is an ugly team, eek! But I'd take a crappy Gore over a crappy Maclin.
Take the trade!

Gore has better upside than Maclin. I'm not sure why the slow start. Its not like SF has a ton of weapons to compete with him outside of Vernon davis and crabtree. And their QB sucks so the run game should be used more.

gore would be a better upside than Maclin but your receivers are definitely interchangeable but more in the 3/4th WR trend. I would pull the trigger.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back