Welcome to PatsFans.com

Trade: J. Maclin for F. Gore?

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by PatriotsNorth, Sep 26, 2011.

1. PatriotsNorth

PatriotsNorth Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

So, I need some opinions on a trade. I was offered Frank Gore straight up for Jeremy Maclin. Both got a little dinged on Sunday, but reports are they should both be OK. I am very thin at RB, and while I don't have "stud" depth at WR, I have some inter-changeable parts.

This is a standard, non-PPR, 12-team league. What do you think???

Here's my team:

QB
    A. Rodgers

RB
    M. Jones-Drew
    B. Green-Ellis
    J. Stewart

WR
    V. Jackson
    J. Maclin
    L. Moore
    N. Washington
    A. Collie
    R. Williams

TE
    F. Davis
    A. Hernandez

K
    B. Cundiff

DEF
    Lions
  2. jmt57

jmt57 Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -0

I have Gore on one of my teams and needless to say I was bitterly disappointed yesterday. I wasn't all that high on high going into the draft but he fell so far I grabbed him, and after Jamal Charles went on IR I'm kind of counting on him ... uggh. I picked up Daniel Thomas and Ray Helu, so maybe one of them can take Gore's place.

Anyways, back to your situation: despite what I said above I think I'd make that trade. With Kenny Britt on IR Nate Washington should be a decent option at WR2, and wide receivers are easier to find than running backs.

The other thing to consider is trading one of either Davis or Hernandez in a 2-for-2 or 3-for-3 package deal once Hernandez is back in the lineup.
  3. PatriotsNorth

PatriotsNorth Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Thanks for the reply.

You were shrewd/lucky to get both Thomas and Helu...you were dealt ****ty luck with Charles, but now at least you have some depth...hope it works out for you!
  4. TBradyOwnsYou

TBradyOwnsYou Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

That sir is an ugly team, eek! But I'd take a crappy Gore over a crappy Maclin.
    Take the trade!
  5. VJCPatriot

VJCPatriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +46 / 1 / -4

Gore has better upside than Maclin. I'm not sure why the slow start. Its not like SF has a ton of weapons to compete with him outside of Vernon davis and crabtree. And their QB sucks so the run game should be used more.
  6. dex13

dex13 Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 3 / -1

gore would be a better upside than Maclin but your receivers are definitely interchangeable but more in the 3/4th WR trend. I would pull the trigger.