PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Trade Idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warren94

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Branch is being very stupid. Let's Trade Branch to San Diego for Donnie Edwards and San Diego's 2nd Round Pick.

Thoughts?

Warren94 said:
Branch is being very stupid. Let's Trade Branch to San Diego for Donnie Edwards and San Diego's 2nd Round Pick.

Thoughts?

You wouldnt be able to get both Edwards and a #2. After what i saw last night, they better sign Branch. although i loved what i saw from the running game.

Maybe a three then. I am not worried about the wr issue. with Mills, Watson, Graham, Thomas, reche maroney, faulk, Looking at BB/Parcells they never had great wr. most were very possession only

go read Science Football 2006 and find Edwards see where he ranks as LB against run.. BAD

stop with these trades damn trolls and newbies

Last edited:
Remix

I guess you are the only one who can have an opinion. Sorry I don't spend my entire life on a patriots board.

oh yea i spent my life here buddy. read the recent thread..we have 100 Deion Branch threads with trades inside..its not happening. espeically a stupid 1 like that

Do you work for the front office we have plenty of weapons on the offensive side of the ball. Defense is where the weakness is especially at inside LB

yes but have u ever in your life seen Donnie Edwards play? you heard "well hes unhappy there" you look at stats and pissed your pants

well he was the weak link in Chargers run support..he allowed most yards compared to rest of front 7. Hes old..hes small..undersized for a 3-4. And we would be lucky if a team offered a 2nd rounder alone for Branch. Theres 10000000 trade possibilites involving Branch. but he wont go anywhere till next year

you can say..
"hey lets trade Branch for Lelie and their 5th rounder"
Branch for Porter
Branch for Charles Rogers and a 3rd!
etc etc

theres a lot of opporunties but you think were gonna let him get his way by granting him out and letting him get paid else where? Then any guy on our team who holds out will say..we'll i'll just wait till they trade me as i hold out.

Last edited:
Well according to Don Banks from SI he is potentially holding out until week 10 you are the one who is verbally attacking me because of my opinions. Check Yourself Remix.

Naw..just be a little smarter

Hes expected to hold out till week 10..thats what every holdout says..they will holdout as long as it takes ;)

how many actually do? not many because sitting out for 3/4 of the season

#1. Keeps you out of football
#2. Just get fined more and more
#3. Teams will look at you as a **** who is about the money

Last edited:
Personally I think Branch is a solid #2 whose agent is being a totally inept. but who knows. As BB says, it is what it is.

and we will not talk about guys who are not here am i correct? So lets not talk about that Deion..Twig guy

Fair enough and I AM NOT A TROLL EITHER ;)

so would you trade deion or do I have to start a new thread for that

i wouldnt. rather franchise him and trade him next year. by giving him a way out to get his money..people will think were soft and if they hold out..they'll do what Deion did to get paid somehow

Remix 6 said:
Naw..just be a little smarter

Hes expected to hold out till week 10..thats what every holdout says..they will holdout as long as it takes ;)

how many actually do? not many because sitting out for 3/4 of the season

#1. Keeps you out of football
#2. Just get fined more and more
#3. Teams will look at you as a **** who is about the money

Remix,

Nothing like a little self professed Einstein on this board...give the guy a break and listen to him-get away from the computer

Warren94 said:

Thoughts?
We should trade Branch to Green Bay for Nick Barnett and Donald Driver and their first round pick.

Remix 6 said:
yes but have u ever in your life seen Donnie Edwards play? you heard "well hes unhappy there" you look at stats and pissed your pants

well he was the weak link in Chargers run support..he allowed most yards compared to rest of front 7. Hes old..hes small..undersized for a 3-4. And we would be lucky if a team offered a 2nd rounder alone for Branch. Theres 10000000 trade possibilites involving Branch. but he wont go anywhere till next year

you can say..
"hey lets trade Branch for Lelie and their 5th rounder"
Branch for Porter
Branch for Charles Rogers and a 3rd!
etc etc

theres a lot of opporunties but you think were gonna let him get his way by granting him out and letting him get paid else where? Then any guy on our team who holds out will say..we'll i'll just wait till they trade me as i hold out.

Remix..I hate to come across as a jerk bud,I am not trying to.I respect your posts as you often start and provide some great info but quite frankly I believe your coming off a bit harsh.My threads are often times a bit far fetched then this and ya never gripe.Keep your cool.The guy is just asking opinions tis all.

its repetitive...like someone made that thread..look for threads that have similar context instead of making 1. How many times do we need to discuss trading Branch? How many times do we have to talk about Edwards? It gets annoying seeing it over and over. I mean our preseason started..lot to discuss but to bring back the Edwards thing is annoying especially when we discussed it and when he is old/overrated

I am really surprised Branch isn't playing yet.

He's under contract. And who does he think he's dealing with?

When it comes to confrontations John Wayne, James Bond and Don Corleone are pantywaists compared to Belichick.

Ben Watson, Gus Scott, Ty Law, Lawyer Milloy, Terry Glenn, Drew Bledoe.

He hasn't blinked yet.

BB will pay your franchise salary next year with all the fine money he'll get from you.

You'll end up carrying Ricky Williams Whizinator as you make a futile attempt at reentering the NFL from Canada.

Deion, you make me quote a terrible song, but

You don't tug on Superman's cape, you don't spit into the wind etc..........

Remix 6 said:
its repetitive...like someone made that thread..look for threads that have similar context instead of making 1. How many times do we need to discuss trading Branch? How many times do we have to talk about Edwards? It gets annoying seeing it over and over. I mean our preseason started..lot to discuss but to bring back the Edwards thing is annoying especially when we discussed it and when he is old/overrated

This thread is a classic example of some innocent poster (Warren94) getting mugged by the mean-spirited and wrong (Remix6).

If you don't like it, go to another thread. If it bores you so much, how come you are spending so much time and effort in this thread? And if you're going to throw stones at "newbies" don't be a pot calling any kettles black - - OK, bush league? (aside: does anyone else think it's funny that Remix is calling Warren94 a newbie? - he obviously doesn't understand the Christian calendar)

And BTW, your KC Joyner stat on Donnie Edwards was already slam dunked here a few days ago. This ain't rotisserie baseball. Edwards is a lateral, cross the field, run 'em down-type LB. He is there to cover against the long gain. As mentioned - - Ben Watson has the WORST "yards per tackle" average on the Pats after the Champ Bailey play last year - - maybe Watson shouldn't have made the effort.

Donnie Edwards is a central reason why SD had the BEST overall team D against the run in 2005. We could have used him in 2005 making his 4 yard tackles that Beisel and C. Brown were making after 8 yards.

So you're 0 for 2 Remix. You're unnecessarily rude and you're trying to use rotisserie baseball stats in a football context. Go study your Bill James (I mean, KC Joyner) and learn politeness from Larry Luccchino.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft