Welcome to PatsFans.com

Torry Holt has requested to be released by the Rams

Discussion in 'NFL Football Forum' started by PatsChamp88, Mar 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PatsChamp88

PatsChamp88 Rookie

Ratings:
    +51 / 3 / -0

#75 Jersey

Per Torry Holt has requested to be released by the Rams

What do you guys think after getting Lewis I guess seeing him come here doesn't seem as feasible as thought before.
  2. Dino 6 Rings

Dino 6 Rings Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I'd actually like to see if the Steelers will give him a call. We could use him for sure with Sweed still young and Nate Washington now a Titan. Doubt my front office will give a call, but I wouldn't mind seeing him in the Black and Gold with Ward and Holmes and Miller on passing downs.
  3. jmt57

jmt57 Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -3

I kind of doubt Holt would have been coming here, regardless. To me it looks like Lewis is taking Kelley Washington's spot. His contract is low enough - under $700k - that it shouldn't affect another signing one way or the other. However, I see the Pats looking at Gaffney's replacement as somebody that will be paid in about the same manner as Jabar was last year - about $1.2 million. In my opinion Holt will be looking for a lot more than that.
  4. jmt57

jmt57 Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -3

But if the Steelers want to go after Holt, wouldn't it have made more sense to have just kept Nate Washington? I think just like the Pats are replacing Kelley Washington with a player with a similar cap figure, and will do the same with Gaffney, the Steelers will probably look to replace Nate Washington with a player who has a similar cap number as he had last year - about $1.4 million, I believe. Holt won't equal his last contract - his current cap number is anout $8 million - but I think he'll still get a lot more than what the Steelers or Pats are looking to pay to fill that position.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.