PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady suspended again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Such horse ****. Good thing I still have my free Brady tshirt. :rolleyes:

It really says something about this country's justice system that justices on that high a court don't even understand what they are ruling on. It's really pathetic.

You, presumably, have researched the legal issues more thoroughly than the Judges and their clerks, some of the brightest legal minds in the country, who have had dozens, if not hundreds, of collective hours to do so?

We may not like the ruling, but from the beginning, most legal experts have said that, at best, Brady prevailing was a 50-50 proposition.

So how are reps going to be split in Training Camp? This is going to be a mess. Especially with the new receivers.
Gotta do 50/50 I guess?

So how are reps going to be split in Training Camp? This is going to be a mess. Especially with the new receivers.

I have absolutely no concern about this whatsoever. The Patriots can handle that blindfolded. They will prepare Garrapolo to run the offense going into the season and Brady will be ready as always when NB the time comes.

You, presumably, have researched the legal issues more thoroughly than the Judges and their clerks, some of the brightest legal minds in the country, who have had dozens, if not hundreds, of collective hours to do so?

We may not like the ruling, but from the beginning, most legal experts have said that, at best, Brady prevailing was a 50-50 proposition.
It shows what a crapshoot the legal system is. 4 judges have ruled on this issue: 2 for Brady and 2 for the NFL. Unfortunately for us, the breakdown is that the lower court ruled for Brady and the higher court against.

I make no such pretense but it's clear that they were all over the place on this.

The worst thing about this decision? We're now guaranteed a lengthy football strike when the current CBA expires.

Wait, maybe that's a good thing. Never mind.

Sometimes consequences are slow, but a long strike over today's ruling, CTE, etc. might be the reckoning Goodell and the owners get. A strike followed by a definite decline in ticket sales.

I make no such pretense but it's clear that they were all over the place on this.

I think the law is a bit of a jumble in this area, and I think reasonable minds can, and have, arrived at different conclusions.

I liked it better when Prince dying was the biggest bummer.

Just a gut feeling, but I would think now with a win and that fact that he can walk around with a **** eating grin of "victory", Goodell cuts the suspension to two games, if Brady drops the appeal.

I personally don't think Tom should give in AT ALL, but I have to think a slight compromise will be presented, even though Brady, ends up losing no matter what.

Just a gut feeling, but I would think now with a win and that fact that he can walk around with a **** eating grin of "victory", Goodell cuts the suspension to two games, if Brady drops the appeal.

I personally don't think Tom should give in AT ALL, but I have to think a slight compromise will be presented, even though Brady, ends up losing no matter what.
Do you really think he would though? Rog would probably request that tom "admit guilt" - which ain't happening.

Do you really think he would though? Rog would probably request that tom "admit guilt" - which ain't happening.

Oh he most certainly would, in which case Tom tells him again to go screw.

Forgive me, I was thinking about how a rational person would do business, which we know that piece of **** Goodell, is the complete opposite of.

Last edited:

I think he's citing the fact that the head judge on this panel repeatedly called out the other judges for having not read the Berman decision.

It wasn't twice or three times but at east 5 times before I stopped reading. They were stating stuff that was patently untrue, such as the Patriots never asked to interview Pash. Or that the lawyers never made the argument about steroids/stick'um analogies.

Last edited:
anyone else see Mike Greenbergs response to this? only mention it because I was kind of shocked he do adamantly said this was wrong and called out the other owners.

Oh he most certainly would, if which case Tom tells him again to go screw.

Forgive me, I was thinking about how a rational person would do business, which we know that piece of **** Goodell, is the complete opposite of.

This is where the "other 31" that Bob loves can come into play. The NFL got their victory, the other owners are thrilled, and if Brady drops his appeal then it becomes certified as precedent and the deflate gate finally put behind them. There have been many reports about how many owners, while supporting Goodell's suspension and happy to see Kraft get screwed, were not happy with how this played out and made the league office look, including all the media attention. If those owners want, and if there are enough of them, they can go to Goodell and tell him, "We won, but now you need to end this immediately. We don't give a crap about guilt, we want this behind us now that we've had our authority confirmed. 2 games, no admission of guilt, and we're done."

Maybe I'm hitting the crack pipe, but I don't think that's a far fetched scenario. We'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes