PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady, NFLPA Granted 14-Day Extension To File Motion For Rehearing By Second Circuit Court

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the briefing is all ready to file why does it matter where Olsen is right now? Its not like hes going to court on Monday.

When worst comes to worst, blame things on poor Don Yee! It's not like he's been a key part of Tom's success or anything.

Yeah, yee trained him well at throwing spirals

folks, the motion is probably done and ready to be filed. olson, i assure you, has access to email. :rolleyes:

I wish Tom had just put his phone in a safety deposit box in some bank in Switzerland.

Just had a thought.

First four games, no Brady, Jimmygrapes succeeds. We're okay.

First four games, no Brady, we're in a deep hole. Then we have p.o.'d Tom Brady. Win, say, 9 out of 12, that's enough for playoffs.

But for four weeks every self-serving would-be superstar will complain about "To tell you the truth, I wish Brady hadn't been suspended, I wanted the Patriots at full strength." Then that turns into "wait a minute what the hell did the Patriots do in the first place."

I still want him on the field.

I'm intrigued at how the news cycle turns if he's serving the suspension. You get boring moments in games, nothing to talk about, how about.... "So you see the Patriots, no first round pick this year, and ____ on this other team is showing how valuable a first round pick can be. No Brady, and we all know how valuable he is. You have to ask yourself what would be happening if all that hadn't happened..."

My big fat gut is telling me that the worst thing that can happen to the NFL* is if they get away with this particular level of larceny. The stolen picks are a footnote. Brady not being there is a huge story line.

Goodell. Is. Cheating.

That's what every fan should get from this... I'd like that to be the chatter by the end of this fiasco. Probably dreaming.

I would rather have Brady on the field week 1 with Edelman, Amendola, and Lewis on PUP than everyone healthy with Jimmy G. Don't care if we go 2-2 because of it. It's about legacy.

I wish everyone was not so blase about the first 4 games without Brady. If we go 0-4 we are in a huge hole. If we go 1-3, going 9-3 the rest of the way against a very tough schedule probably gets us the AFC East (not certain) and in the playoffs. However, if we go 8-4, we end 9-7 and everything is very much up in the air. We certainly do not want to lose home games to Buffalo and Miami in that stretch. The defense really needs to be playing well right from week 1.

I wish everyone was not so blase about the first 4 games without Brady. If we go 0-4 we are in a huge hole. If we go 1-3, going 9-3 the rest of the way against a very tough schedule probably gets us the AFC East (not certain) and in the playoffs. However, if we go 8-4, we end 9-7 and everything is very much up in the air. We certainly do not want to lose home games to Buffalo and Miami in that stretch. The defense really needs to be playing well right from week 1.

If Brady is suspended and BB n crew are able to get the Pats to a 3-1 or 4-0 start the NFL HQ is going to implode. That would be a nice little sweet treat in a bitter situation.

Let's see if this en banc thing happens first. I'm holding on to the hope that Brady will not be suspended.

0-4 then the season is lost. 1-3 would be a disaster but we would still win the division.

Yeah, yee trained him well at throwing spirals

Give me a break with the attempt at sarcasm. No one would expect an agent/main advisor like Yee to take part in on the field duties, but he has built a successful relationship with Kraft and Belichick, and has served both Brady and the organization well.

We've certainly had much worse, that's for sure. Blaming Don Yee for deflategate is probably the silliest comment I've read to date. Blame Goodell, blame the Colts and Ravens, blame Wells, Exponent, Kensil, etc.

Last edited:
ok tom, get rid of your phone.

i could give that advice to tom for 100 bucks!

Assuming that is true, then yes--I agree with you that it was bad advice. No argument there.

1-3 would put the team in a hole, unless the whole division is 2-2 or something. These are variables that we can't predict. Having 3/4 games at home makes a big difference, but I'm not expecting anything better than 2-2 myself.
That's simply due to the fact that I think there's a very good chance of losing at ARZ during week one. That would obviously mean that winning 2/3 at home is a reality coming off that loss, and that's probably the ceiling for a backup QB vs. divisional foes.

You put 4 NFL* regular season games on a backup Patriots QB's resume these days, and if he doesn't totally crap the bed, you've got a mid-round draft pick out of it at least.

At the rate Brady's going Jimmy's going to be collecting social security before he ever sees the field otherwise... the clipboard will become organically bonded to his hands

Isn't May 23 the deadline for filing, manana?? Either that or there are some backdoor negotiations going on.. I suspect the latter.

Stay tuned..

I don't like the term "backdoor negotiations" as applied to anything to do with Roger Goodell. "...and doesn't even have the common courtesy to reach around and pass the water down the table...."

I wish Tom had just put his phone in a safety deposit box in some bank in Switzerland.
That would've changed exactly one thing: they would've made up another example of Brady not cooperating with the investigation. This was a witch hunt were every accusation has been unfounded, a misrepresentation, or lie.

After the best exponent could do to prove guilt was create results that said if you make every assumption possible to tilt the numbers in the NFL's favor the Patriots were guilty of letting 0.2 psi out of balls. Since this number is easily within the error of the less than scientific methods used to collect the original numbers, requires you to ignore the refs recollection on which gauge was used, and is such a small number that it makes no sense to hatch a plot to accomplish there was a need to shift focus. That's when the round of pure harassment started with the simple goal to paint Brady and the Patriots as uncooperative.

I would bet the petition is done and they will file first thing tomorrow morning.

I wonder if the owners are having second thoughts or if they are confident they will prevail. If they go forward and Brady wins they lose their best bargaining chip to get the players to give them the 18 game season and with that a ton of money.

Isn't May 23 the deadline for filing, manana?? Either that or there are some backdoor negotiations going on.. I suspect the latter.

Stay tuned..
If I'm Goodell and the owners I just don't see the basis for any negotiating at this point. I don't know what they possibly have to gain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back