PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom and Giselle hob nob with fans at "Concussion" the movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
See post #48, quoted below. (Sorry, I've no idea why I'm in such a pedantic mood today. Only 40 minutes to kick-off!)

Holy crap. So your whole beef ends up being

facebook_THETHE.jpg

?

But here is the real reason for my post, the previews. I couldn't help but notice that EVERY one of the 6 previews before the picture started were for films that were about a future Earth either attacked by aliens or bad guys and the Earth is a dystopian wasteland that someone is trying to either survive or save. All 6 previews peddled noting but fear and devastation about a future world on the verge of destruction.

What is up with that. I was sitting next to a mother who brought her kids (I guess around 9-11) and couldn't help wonder about the message that was being drilled into their minds. I made a comment to her and she agreed.

totally agree with you. i went with my 8- and 5-year-old and was worried about the younger one being too scared during "the scene" (i had already previously seen it). he was actually more scared during the previews, closing his eyes and covering his ears. and this was during an 11am matinee showing with a lot of younger kids.

once the movie started he was totally fine because he had already seen 1-6 and he already knew who all the new characters were.

So it's ok.

If that's a comment or a question my answer is the same. I know that Hollyweird is full of crap, so I'll watch Concussion and decide where the stink is this time. I think from what I read that Duerson was being made out to be an antogonist to the CTE doctor in the movie, when in fact he was a victim of the NFL coverup, not a part of it. That would make me want to see it more, to see how much in bed Hollyweird is with the NYJFL.

totally agree with you. i went with my 8- and 5-year-old and was worried about the younger one being too scared during "the scene" (i had already previously seen it). he was actually more scared during the previews, closing his eyes and covering his ears. and this was during an 11am matinee showing with a lot of younger kids.

once the movie started he was totally fine because he had already seen 1-6 and he already knew who all the new characters were.

If you think that was scary you should have been in my first grade class in the 50's. We were hiding under our desks getting ready for the nuclear attacks.

I know

I know that building. Right off of Parmer. I used to work for Dell.

Bullock is from Austin.

My buddy sat next to her on a flight. Said she was kinda *****y.

Correct, SAS is off Parmer. Do you still live down here?

I have always heard people didn't really enjoy working for Dell.

For extra side of irony, I believe I stole that line from the title of a sci-fi story written in the 60s or 70s. I don't remember by whom.

If that's a comment or a question my answer is the same. I know that Hollyweird is full of crap, so I'll watch Concussion and decide where the stink is this time. I think from what I read that Duerson was being made out to be an antogonist to the CTE doctor in the movie, when in fact he was a victim of the NFL coverup, not a part of it. That would make me want to see it more, to see how much in bed Hollyweird is with the NYJFL.

In that case, the Director of that movie thanks you for your financial support.

Correct, SAS is off Parmer. Do you still live down here?

I have always heard people didn't really enjoy working for Dell.

I commuted from MA. JetBlue BOS to AUS Monday AM. Had an apt down there. Wife and kids stayed up here. They didn't want to move.

I was at Dell for 4 years. It was ok. I left as Michael started to privatize the company. Overall I enjoyed it.

In that case, the Director of that movie thanks you for your financial support.

Don't tell anyone, especially PittPatriot, but I won't be paying a dime to see that movie.

Plus, if I didn't watch things because they contained lies or "poetic licence" as Landesman called it, then I wouldn't turn on the boob tube at all, which probably isn't a bad idea anyway.

Sorry, Ray, but "Hoi" (οἱ) means "the" and "Polloi" (πολλοί) means "many". So hobnobbing with "the hoi polloi" would be hobnobbing with "the the masses".

It's like "Please RSVP" -- which is "Please reply, please".

You're confusing word origin with the dictionary definition and usage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back