PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

To Curran.. Busman's holiday for BB

DarrylS

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Short summary of what BB and crew have been doing in Fla., sounds like a good mix of business and some pleasure, like his tradition of spending some time with Jimmy Johnson.

http://www.nbcsports.com/tomcurran/blog/2007/04/busmans_holiday_for_belichick.html

Bill Belichick holds Florida hoop coach Billy Donovan in high esteem but It wasn't just professional respect that dragged the Patriots head coach Bill Belichick to Monday night's national championship game.

Belichick, taking in the Gators win over OSU with his girlfriend Linda Holliday of Florida, had just completed his annual predraft junket of the Sunshine State. On his way North, he dropped into the Final Four to root on Donovan, who had Belichick address his team earlier this year.

Over the weekend, Belichick fished with former Cowboys coach Jimmy Johnson, a tradition the two men started in 2003 when Belichick sought the well-coiffed one's advice on attacking the draft. Since then, Belichick's gone back every year to talk team-building and draft strategy.

Prior to fishing with Jimmy, Belichick and some members of the Patriots scouting department got an up-close look at draft prospects from the Florida schools.

:scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:

These have become very productive
business - pleasure getaways!

I wonder if anyone gets more
out of a busman's holiday?

Thought some might be interested in this tidbit from Boston Media Sports Watch.

Adam Schein has more in his blog on FoxSports.com on Bill Belichick and his companion at the NCAA title game Monday night. He has an acquaintance of the woman talking about the speculation about Belichick and a woman in New Jersey:
"First of all, Linda Holliday is from Florida," said the acquaintance, who also knows Belichick. "She and Bill Belichick have been dating for a little while. Unfortunately, now if people see him somewhere with a woman they automatically want to assume the worst, like something inappropriate must be going on. That's what happens with gossip. Knowing the full New Jersey story, it's unbelievable how that came out and pretty sad how his reputation was attacked. Bottom line, Belichick has been divorced for some time and he's dated a little since then like a lot of single men do. They're having a good time."​

I might be accused of hammering this topic, but we were getting breathless daily updates for a while there about the whole NJ thing, and "real" media types were latching onto it all as if it were gospel truth, making snide references to it in their columns and articles and spreading it all over the place. I think the other side needs to get a little exposure as well. The erroneous viewpoints need a counterpoint.

http://www.bostonsportsmedia.com/

Last edited:
what is a "busman's" holiday?

Edit -- Ok I shoulda looked it up before I posted my question. A Busman's Holiday is defined as -- A vacation during which one engages in activity that is similar to one's usual work.

But now I wonder what the origin is. Wikipedia said something about a british TV show with the same name but that can't be the origin can it?

Last edited:

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back