PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tips for visting Patriots Hall of Fame?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoCal Bong

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
http://www.patriot-place.com/thehall.aspx

I'll be visiting the Hall at Patriots Place on Friday for my first time and was wondering if anyone who has already gone has any tips. We plan to be there as soon as it opens and probably stay until it closes as I hear there is a lot to see.

Maybe there are certain exhibits, videos, etc that tend to get crowded so we should get to those early?

Can you leave for lunch and come back in?

How much is parking on a non-game day?

Is there anything that you are not allowed to take pictures of as is often the case in museums? I can't imagine that would be the case there but you never know.

Any other strategies or suggestions as to how to get the most of our day?

Yes I am aware of the Troy Brown exhibit that is up this week and look forward to checking that out.

=============

Separate topic: I see that the TD Banknorth Garden (where the Celtics play) has a Boston Sports Museum. I'm not a Sox, Celtics or Bruins fan. Is there enough Pats stuff there to make it worth checking out? The website mentioned Vinatieri's shoes being on display but the rest seemed to be from the other Boston teams.

Bueller? Anyone?

It only takes about 1 - 2 hours, very cool and very well done.. enjoy.

Q: Maybe there are certain exhibits, videos, etc that tend to get crowded so we should get to those early?
A: Not the case when I was there. The kicking FGs into a video screen was busy with a bunch of kids.

Q: Can you leave for lunch and come back in?
A: I don't believe there is re-entry

Q: How much is parking on a non-game day?
A: Free

Q: Is there anything that you are not allowed to take pictures of as is often the case in museums? I can't imagine that would be the case there but you never know.
A: Actually there is. When you come down from the third floor, to the second floor, there's some old stuff (playbooks, photos, and whatnot) that they don't like you to use flash photography on.

Q: Any other strategies or suggestions as to how to get the most of our day?
A: As another poster said, it'll take you 2 hours tops. It's not that big. Definitely worth the 10 bucks though. The best part is waiting for you at the very end of the museum.

Last edited:
I went a few weeks back. Parking is free - just park in one of the mall lots. There is a lot to see, but like the previous poster said, it should only take a couple of hours. I didn't try leaving and coming back in, but you do get a ticket so I can't imagine them having a problem with coming out and going back in.
The highlights for me were the trophy's (but they are encased in glass), the awesome movie that they play (it's about 15 minutes), and if you are bringing kids they have a locker room set up where you can put on a uniform.
There is a ton of stuff about the old times of New England football that I really didn't spend enough time with so I suppose if you really took your time you would be there for three hours or so...

FWIW - if you plan on eating there, be leery of Red Robin. The burgers are good but the staff seems a little confused and overwhelmed.

Last edited:
Thanks for the responses. Somehow I got the impression that you couldn't see everything in a day so I was concerned about trying to get it all in but now I'll sleep in a bit on Friday and take my time getting down there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News