PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ticket demand down due to baseball?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoCal Bong

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has noticed whether tickets for this Sunday's game have been any easier to come by (cheaper) because the Red Sox will be playing just two hours after the Pats kick off.

On top of that the Pats are 16.5 point favorites so if they have a big lead by the end of the 3rd quarter, might we see a lot of empty seats in the 4th?

I haven't looked at eBay but I'm sure someone here has been and can share their observations. Out here in SoCal, it seems that there may not be much of a home field advantage on Sunday.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/l...ll=la-headlines-california&ctrack=2&cset=true

"About half the citizens of Boston will be flying out to Anaheim," he said. "I also think every person with New England heritage living within 100 miles of Anaheim will be showing up."

When the best-of-five divisional series opens today in Boston's Fenway Park, red-clad Angels fans are expected to be scarce.

"Most people that have tickets don't sell them," said Billy Lyons, general manager of Boston Beer Works, across the street from Fenway. "If you're a true fan, you go to the games."

Last edited:
the waiting list is 60,000 people. How much of a drop-off do you think there will be?

You don't think secondary market prices (eBay, Craigslist, Stubhub) vary from a Colts MNF game versus a Cardinals game at the end of the season with no playoff implications? Not the same thing but my point is that prices do go up and down.

Simple supply and demand.

Last edited:
This is why I planned my annual trip to Gillette for this weekend, SoCal. Great minds think alike!

Just wondering if anyone has noticed whether tickets for this Sunday's game have been any easier to come by (cheaper) because the Red Sox will be playing just two hours after the Pats kick off.

On top of that the Pats are 16.5 point favorites so if they have a big lead by the end of the 3rd quarter, might we see a lot of empty seats in the 4th?

I haven't looked at eBay but I'm sure someone here has been and can share their observations. Out here in SoCal, it seems that there may not be much of a home field advantage on Sunday.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/l...ll=la-headlines-california&ctrack=2&cset=true

"About half the citizens of Boston will be flying out to Anaheim," he said. "I also think every person with New England heritage living within 100 miles of Anaheim will be showing up."

When the best-of-five divisional series opens today in Boston's Fenway Park, red-clad Angels fans are expected to be scarce.

"Most people that have tickets don't sell them," said Billy Lyons, general manager of Boston Beer Works, across the street from Fenway. "If you're a true fan, you go to the games."
the pats just blew the doors off the sox yankees in a head to head game , smoked them, it has nothing to do with it

Not sure if the ticket demand will change that drastically. But as sure as the sun sets in the west, you'll have people complaining about people cheering at Gillette.

Yet over at Fenway Park, when they were head to head, the had the Pats score posted during the game and nobody complained.

the pats just blew the doors off the sox yankees in a head to head game , smoked them, it has nothing to do with it

This is the playoffs, big difference. I think we all remember the Titans game (at least I think it was the Titans) a few years back. I know for some reason that there are a lot of you who don't like to admit it, but most Pats fans are Red Sox fans as well.

Not sure if the ticket demand will change that drastically. But as sure as the sun sets in the west, you'll have people complaining about people cheering at Gillette.

And rightfully so. If that crap happens again, I'm having them all evicted.

Yet over at Fenway Park, when they were head to head, they had the Pats score posted during the game and nobody complained.

That's because they were all half-drunk/half-asleep. Why would anyone complain about putting the score up on the scoreboard anyway? I see no problem posting the Red Pox scores in Gillette, just as long as people respect the Patriots and respect the game. That means not cheering for baseball when we have the ball, or when the other team scores.

This is the playoffs, big difference. I think we all remember the Titans game (at least I think it was the Titans) a few years back. I know for some reason that there are a lot of you who don't like to admit it, but most Pats fans are Red Sox fans as well.

That's all well and good, but they need to remember where they are and what's going on. When those cheers erupted right after McNair scored to put Tennessee ahead, it was downright embarrassing. It even pissed off the Patriot players, they said so afterward. That garbage has no place at a football game.

Last edited:
No, it is more because of a completely non-marquee opponent. If it was Dallas, Chicago, GB or Indy, the demand would skyrocket.

"I also think every person with New England heritage living within 100 miles of Anaheim will be showing up."

That was me in 1986, journeying down from LA to attend the Dave Henderson Game, #5. Ticket agencies were a new phenomenon then, and, fortunately for me, existed in LA before they appeared many places.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes