PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thursday Night Football: Titans @ Steelers game discussion (NBC / 8:30pm)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OW. Polamalu's injury does not look good.

Knee injury to a star player first game. Not hard to empathize with Steeler fans on that. :(

BTW, people constantly talk about the Pats' aging defense, but why aren't people talking about the Steelers' aging defense. On this drive alone, Aaron Smith (33), Casey Hampton (32), and James Farrior (34) made plays. They also have Chris Hoke (33), James Harrison (31), Brad Keisel (30), DeShea Townsend (34), Tyrone Carter (33), and Travis Kirsche (35).

As far as I can tell, the only older Pats on this defense anymore is AD (32), Shawn Springs (34), Jarvis Green (30), and Derrick Burgess (31). And the Pats are consider the aging defense?

BTW, people constantly talk about the Pats' aging defense, but why aren't people talking about the Steelers' aging defense. On this drive alone, Aaron Smith (33), Casey Hampton (32), and James Farrior (34) made plays. They also have Chris Hoke (33), James Harrison (31), Brad Keisel (30), DeShea Townsend (34), Tyrone Carter (33), and Travis Kirsche (35).

As far as I can tell, the only older Pats on this defense anymore is AD (32), Shawn Springs (34), Jarvis Green (30), and Derrick Burgess (31). And the Pats are consider the aging defense?

Because they're tired of us and want us to fail while Ben is the new golden boy and the Steelers are being considered "America's Team," or as Franco Harris says "World's Team."

Hard to argue that a defense is aging when it's still finishing #1 in every major statistical category. Once a noticeable dropoff happens, I'm sure the talk will start, but not before. Good point though, I didn't realize that Smith and Townsend were so old.

Anyone else think Ward looks like a beaver?

Edit: TD Squeelers...

Last edited:
Polamalu back to the locker room, having trouble making it up the stairs. Man. Seriously, whichever Steelers fans made those Brady shirts must feel like an idiot right now.

Last edited:
Hard to argue that a defense is aging when it's still finishing #1 in every major statistical category. Once a noticeable dropoff happens, I'm sure the talk will start, but not before. Good point though, I didn't realize that Smith and Townsend were so old.

So, being the top rated defense is the fountain of youth? They will never get older than they are now if they continue being the best defense in the league? Even if it is for the next ten years?

The Pats had an aging LB corp back in 2004 when the Pats had one of the best defenses in the league.

Polamalu back to the locker room, having trouble making it up the stairs. Man. Seriously, whichever Steelers fans made those Brady shirts must feel like an idiot right now.

Karma is not a nice person.

I'll feel bad for Polamalu, but no sympathy for the Steelers fans. The most disgraceful fanbase in football for what they've pulled recently.

Collins throw floaters these days

So, being the top rated defense is the fountain of youth? They will never get older than they are now if they continue being the best defense in the league? Even if it is for the next ten years?

The Pats had an aging LB corp back in 2004 when the Pats had one of the best defenses in the league.

Yeah, but did you hear about the Pats' aging linebacker corps in 2004? As I recall, that talk didn't really start until 2005/06, and the Pats' D was never as good as the Steelers' was in 2008. When you're the best in the league, the whole aging point is kinda moot, because you can't be too much on the decline...

Last edited:

If the Steelers lose Polumalu, that is a huge blow to their defense. He is one of those differencemakers on defense that can't be replaced.

I'd love to see the Steelers suck, but not this way.

TD, Titans hit back almost immediately...

If the Steelers lose Polumalu, that is a huge blow to their defense. He is one of those differencemakers on defense that can't be replaced.

I'd love to see the Steelers suck, but not this way.

Yeah, they're missing Polamalu already- Tennesse is exploiting the hell out of his absence. Clark and Taylor both got beat because they were too far towards the middle of the field, which they wouldn't have to be if Polamalu was out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes