PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thursday’s game offers tremendous growth potential

The kids were getting open and Brady was putting the ball on target, now they just need to hold onto the ball. The score would have been lopsided if the rookie receivers could hold onto the ball.

Dobson was making Cromartie look like a scrub for most of the night, that's a positive.

Another few positives on Dobson:
Complaint: He makes too many body catches!
Game time: Looked like he was making the effort to catch everything with his hands, obviously a few drops but he's changing the way he catches on the fly.

Complaint: He can't get separation!
Game time: Blew past the Jets DBs with ease.

Complaint: He didn't look around for a 3rd down pass resulting in an incompletion!
Next series: Brady goes back to him on 3rd down, he looks back on time resulting in a first down.

He's clearly raw and working on the fly, he's going to be a good one by midseason when he's had some play time and is more comfortable.

Yes, I have concerns going forward against real talent so after another ugly win against TB I predict 3 losses in a row ATL, CINN and NO.

And that's just the start.

Oh man, you must be super excited to have 10 full days to be able to focus on how awesomely terrible that game was last night.

If that came to pass we would be 3-3 like we were last season. But most of the tough away games would be gone. Going 1-2 for that stretch is what I predicted anyway, on the way to a 12-4 record.

Meanwhile the rookies will have been heavily groomed for 6 games and on the verge of no longer being rookies. Wasn't it Belichick himself, who said after 8 games, rookies are not rookies any longer?

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back