PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thoughts from a Raiders/Steelers fan friend of mine...

Status
Not open for further replies.

pats1

PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
This is also the Raiders/Steelers fan who was as pissed as possible in January of 2002, as well as January 2005.

He usually doesn't give too much respect to the Pats. He usually HATES "Tommy Tuck." We talked smack throughout the AFC Championship week last year.

But here's what he says today:

For once, I agree with you Pats1. I think the Patriots WILL win the super bowl again this year.

I don't necessarily want that to happen, but I think it will. They are getting scary-good late in the season.

I don't know Bangpow, the "replacement pieces" on the defense that Belichek has been forced to use are really starting to get the system. That wasn't the case when they played the Colts a few months ago- those dudes were thrown-in and raw.

Plus I honestly think that Brady is superior to Manning when it counts- and that's in the playoffs and big games. Of course, the Patriots are going to have to contend with the fact that they won't have old-man winter to throw at Peyton to making him sing the snowflake blues yet again, but I think they can scheme something on defense that will get in Peyton's head.

The Chargers sure did.

The Truth:
The Patriots are a good team that the Colts ultimately have problems with in the playoffs.

The Broncos have a sometimes shaky QB in Plummer. Don't know if they can thrive when the running game gets stopped.

The Steelers can't pass effectively due to Ben's broken thumb and nobody consistent other than Ward at the WR position (R.El dissappears for WEEKS at a time, and Wilson isn't that good)... so it becomes a case of ultra-conservative attack that goes into a tizzy if the run isn't there. Same old story.

The Bengals are young. Playoff pressure is new... and their schedule has been relatively easy. Still, they split with the Steelers and lost to the Colts. Bengals won't get past the AFC Championship game. Too young yet.

Chargers: Shotty sucks in the playoffs.

Cheifs: May choke before even getting to the playoffs. Hard to win with no WRs anyway- something the Chiefs have not addressed in many years.

Jacksonville: Winning 10 to 9 to the woeful 9ers is not a good omen.

So- the Patriots wil go into the playoffs as the team I think will go to the SB in the AFC.

And- oh by the way- the NFC sucks. Bad. Their only shot is the Seahawks- and they won't beat the Patriots.

Last edited:
A pleasant read.

How the bleep can someone like the Steelers/Raiders? They were
the best rivalry in the NFL in the 70's. Skins/Cowboys wasn't even
close. Those guys hated each other!! Freakin impossible to like both
of them. The Pats have never had a rival as heated as the Steelers
and Raiders were. I wouldn't believe a damn thing your buddy thinks. The
whole world has seen what this team can do. Don't need him to
confirm it. I still think a good passing team hitting on all cylinders
will give us fits. But, that's my .02.

He's lived in Pittsburgh all his life, but grew up with a certain fetish for Stabler...

I still find that impossible. But, I guess there are people who
like the Yanks and Red Sox. I grew up during that rivalry. Hated
the Raiders. When the Pats were out of it, I usually pulled for the
Steelers.

Here's what a Jags-fan-in-AZ thinks:

Posted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 1:56 am

I'd feel much better about playing the Colts or Bengals than I would about playing the Patriots. Tomorrow night's game might change that. If Tom Brady breaks his hand or something, I'd feel pretty good about playing the Pats, because I don't think Doug Flutie can do it even as a spot starter anymore (though Belicheck has proven me wrong about guys before), but otherwise, I'd much rather see horseshoes or tigers than dudes with flintlocks.

pats1 said:
Here's what a Jags-fan-in-AZ thinks:

Posted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 1:56 am

I'd feel much better about playing the Colts or Bengals than I would about playing the Patriots. Tomorrow night's game might change that. If Tom Brady breaks his hand or something, I'd feel pretty good about playing the Pats, because I don't think Doug Flutie can do it even as a spot starter anymore (though Belicheck has proven me wrong about guys before), but otherwise, I'd much rather see horseshoes or tigers than dudes with flintlocks.
:rofl:

Ten Characters

it is true...we are back !

reason that nobody wants face us it is a strong and good message...

nice to read that Pats are highly considered and i agree with them !

notwithstanding all players we have in IR...

patsfaninpa said:
How the bleep can someone like the Steelers/Raiders? They were
the best rivalry in the NFL in the 70's. Skins/Cowboys wasn't even
close. Those guys hated each other!! Freakin impossible to like both
of them. The Pats have never had a rival as heated as the Steelers
and Raiders were. I wouldn't believe a damn thing your buddy thinks. The
whole world has seen what this team can do. Don't need him to
confirm it. I still think a good passing team hitting on all cylinders
will give us fits. But, that's my .02.
I know, that's pathetic. Being a fan of BOTH the Raiders AND Steelers? Ridiculous. The guy is obviously a front-runner who jumped on two good teams in the 70's, including one he had zero connection to. Hate fans like that.

J D Sal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes