Thornton - 'Grading the Patriots Gambles with 'Bad Character' Guys'

Status
Not open for further replies.

IcyPatriot

Wall of Fame
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
This piece is interesting ... wondering how many see it alike ... or not. (Or No)

Barstool Sports

10. Albert Haynesworth - F
9. Antonio Brown - F
8. Chad Ochocinco - D-
7. Michael Floyd - D
6. Terry Glenn - D+
5. Adalius Thomas - C-
4. Josh Gordon - B
3. Corey Dillon - B+
2. Randy Moss - A-
1. Rodney Harrison - A

Past twenty years won/loss record would be a nice contrast...I mean for all the goddamned chicken little azzole jerkoffs that just HAVE to pound the keyboard and vomit this tripe all over sports media

Josh Gordon gets a B but Terry Glenn gets a D+?? Get outta here with that nonsense barstool.

So basically if it "worked out" he liked it. I wasn't someone who thought we needed or particularly wanted Brown but I don't see how that was a bad move or failure at all.

Josh Gordon gets a B but Terry Glenn gets a D+?? Get outta here with that nonsense barstool.

If you ONLY consider the BB era, I agree. Glenn was solid from '96-'99.....

Not sure why Adalius Thomas doesn't get an F also ...

Floyd should be one or two letter grades higher if for no other reason than that one block on the Edelman TD.

If you ONLY consider the BB era, I agree. Glenn was solid from '96-'99.....
I didn’t give it a click and actually read it. The title of the thread said Patriots gambles, so I just assumed it meant acquiring him. If I missed the boat there, my bad. :D

I would also like to add that I have no idea how Floyd even pops up on this list. It’s not as if the guy was given some huge contract and floundered. There was no risk involved with the signing.

Past twenty years won/loss record would be a nice contrast...I mean for all the goddamned chicken little azzole jerkoffs that just HAVE to pound the keyboard and vomit this tripe all over sports media
Thornton loves the Pats, man.

I didn’t give it a click and actually read it. The title of the thread said Patriots gambles, so I just assumed it meant acquiring him. If I missed the boat there, my bad. :D
I read this and fixed it ... I hope. o_O

Thomas had one good year, Icy...not an abject failure

10. Albert Haynesworth - F
9. Antonio Brown - F
8. Chad Ochocinco - D-
7. Michael Floyd - D
6. Terry Glenn - D+
5. Adalius Thomas - C-
4. Josh Gordon - B
3. Corey Dillon - B+
2. Randy Moss - A-
1. Rodney Harrison - A

It is really difficult to sing kumbaya with the same enthusiasm at all times.

I guess we just didn't sing loud and proud enough for the souls of the dearly departed Albert and Antonio.

Thomas had one good year, Icy...not an abject failure
Yep but just to get paid:mad:... double or triple F for that so the average is F - IMO :D

To me Chad Johnson was the biggest failure because he was the one that they held on to for too long rather than cutting bait.

To me Chad Johnson was the biggest failure because he was the one that they held on to for too long rather than cutting bait.

Yeah exactly. AB was a swing and a miss but we didn’t give up any draft picks or anything. Not sure how someone who was here 11 days gets an F.

85 was here for a whole year and took up reps that could have been given to a different WR who would have made at least one reception in the Super Bowl.

Aqib Taib?
Lagarrette Blount?
Martellus Bennett?
Josh Gordon (would qualify or not depending on writer’s agenda.)

Ochocinco? Not a bad character guy when he arrived, just a weirdo. Neither was Adalius Thomas. That’s a hindsight character judgment. A. Thomas was a top ranked free agent without known attitude problems.

Remind you that Gilmore had supposed effort issues in Buffalo.

Jamie Collins 2.0? Quick to judge on AB...how about the guy who just had two INTs?

And if T. Glenn is on the list, are draft picks included or not??

Lazy list.

Last edited:
Yeah exactly. AB was a swing and a miss but we didn’t give up any draft picks or anything. Not sure how someone who was here 11 days gets an F.

85 was here for a whole year and took up reps that could have been given to a different WR who would have made at least one reception in the Super Bowl.

85 made 1 reception in the Super Bowl.:rolleyes:

This would be an awesome project for someone to do.
Since Belichick arrived what are the win/loss records with each individual player. It could be dine by years on the roster, games played or games starter (but that one wouldn’t be good because who starts doesn’t mean who plays the most)
Of course reg season and playoff breakdown would be great.
I wonder if we have anyone willing to put in the time to do that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back