PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thomas FRANCHISED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huh?

Thomas had 11 sacks, but how often do you see an ILB in a 3-4 defense blitz?

Edwards had 141 tackles. Fletcher had 146. Thomas had 83.

Fletcher had 4 interceptions. Edwards had 3. Thomas had 1.

You're fooling yourself if you think Thomas is a substantially better play than either. They're all very even.

stats..haha love em

Bruschi: 112 tackles

whos better? Thomas or Bruschi?

That is a good move by Baltimore and I look forward to seeing the link.

It's not the end of the world, but I sure would've liked to see AT in a Pats uniform. Fletcher's price just went up.

stats..haha love em

Bruschi: 112 tackles

whos better? Thomas or Bruschi?

Thomas. Ask me two years ago and the answer would be different.

This really sucks for Thomas. He's 30 and not getting younger. On the other hand this could play right into another teams favor. Now Thomas will be looking for a long term contract in a more fair range for job security and retirement purposes. He would still be paid well, just not outrageously like everyone thought he was. Those draft picks loom large in team's minds. And Thomas and his agent both know this.

Huh...I heard that Balt promised not to franchise him.

The two most cost effective free agent linebackers for the New England Patriots would be Carlos Polk, San Diego Chargers and Jarret Johnson, Baltimore Ravens and neither are over the age of 30.

Donnie Edwards will be a Patriot in 2007.

PFnV

PFnV

Can either Edwards or Fletcher-Baker play the Ted Johnson role so Bruschi can move back to his natural position?

Last edited:

PFnV
I seriously doubt it. Edwards wants a boat load of money and the Patriots are not going shell out big bucks to a 34 year old linebacker.

Can either Edwards or Fletcher-Baker play the Ted Johnson role so Bruschi can move back to his natural position?

Tedy's natural positon is DE. That is all he played until he came to NE. He was a ILB project that worked. So no way can he switch to OLB/DE in the 3-4.

Tedy's natural positon is DE. That is all he played until he came to NE. He was a ILB project that worked. So no way can he switch to OLB/DE in the 3-4.

I think he meant the other ILB position. The one he played before TJ retired.

I'll try to make this the last time I bring good news to this forum, but the fine print scrolling along the bottom of the NFL Network actually says Thomas is NOT expected to be franchised, not that he HAS been.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News