PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thomas FRANCHISED

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll try to make this the last time I bring good news to this forum, but the fine print scrolling along the bottom of the NFL Network actually says Thomas is NOT expected to be franchised, not that he HAS been.

Remix is wrong again? Brilliant.

Can we change the now-misleading title of this thread, please?

I think he meant the other ILB position. The one he played before TJ retired.

HUH? Is Bruschi playing a different position now then when TJ was here?

I'm unsure of the actual terminology but before TJ retired I think Bruschi was playing weak side ILB and since he has been playing strong side ILB, which is not as good of a fit for him.

Remix is wrong again? Brilliant.

Can we change the now-misleading title of this thread, please?

no kidding I cannot find any franchise tag for him on any major or minor news source.

I'm unsure of the actual terminology but before TJ retired I think Bruschi was playing weak side ILB and since he has been playing strong side ILB, which is not as good of a fit for him.
correct, he is forced to be more physical and attack the guards head on where Johnson did that prior and allowed Tedy to be free

What's the consensus - is there anybody out there in the FA market that would let Bruschi move back to the weak side?

Can either Edwards or Fletcher-Baker play the Ted Johnson role so Bruschi can move back to his natural position?

If Edwards gains 30 lbs.

Bruschi is in his natural position now. He doesn't have the speed or hops he used to.

Last edited:
I think he meant the other ILB position. The one he played before TJ retired.

TJ never actually played that much on BB teams. Usually Phifer and Bruschi played together.

When TJ was in, Bruschi played the weakside. More often, Phifer played the weak side with Bruschi playing where he does now.

We need an inside LB that can cover like Phifer could when first switched inside.

Last edited:
When TJ was in, Bruschi played the weakside. More often, Phifer played the weak side with Bruschi playing where he does now.

We need an inside LB that can cover like Phifer could when first switched inside.

http://www.carrollcountytimes.com/articles/2007/02/22/sports/dsports.txt

Here is a story saying they ARE NOT expected to franchise him.

Here is a snippet

"The Baltimore Ravens aren’t expected to designate All-Pro linebacker Adalius Thomas as their franchise player by today’s deadline. Baltimore general manager Ozzie Newsome said Wednesday the team hasn’t decided whether to assign the $7.2 million tag to Thomas and was actively trying to sign him to a contract extension. If Thomas isn’t signed to a new deal or named the franchise player by 4 p.m. today, he’s scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent who can sign with any team without compensation awarded to Baltimore. It would be difficult for the Ravens to compete financially with potential Thomas suitors that have a lot of salary cap flexibility like the San Francisco 49ers ($37.6 million), New England Patriots ($26.6 million), Cleveland Browns ($26.6 million) and Green Bay Packers ($24.8 million)."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back