PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

This team doesn’t need to win a Super Bowl to make us proud…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speak for yourself OP, worse teams have won it all.

For more than a decade I have been fortunate enough as a Patriots fan to expect to win a Super Bowl every year. I really don’t feel it is fair to expect this team to win a Super Bowl anymore and for me I am going to extremely proud of this team if it simply makes the playoffs, anything above and beyond that will be a bonus for me. My reasoning for scaling down my expectations from previous years is simple I have been following pro sports for over 25 years and never have a I seen a team face this much adversity, this team is built of champions to even be relevant in my opinion, no other team would fight through this, most would be engaging in some type of “suck for Luck” campaign.

• Wes Welker gone…
• Rob Gronkowski yet to play after 5 surgeries in 9 months…
• Brandon Lloyd revealed as a head case…
• Aaron Hernandez is facing 25 to life…
• Donald Jones forced to retire at age 25 due to rare kidney disorder…
• Jake Ballard and Daniel Fells fail to make the team out of camp due to health issues…
• Adrian Wilson goes on injured reserve without ever taking a regular season snap…
• Shane Vereen broke his wrist in week 1 and was placed on in season injured reserve…
• Danny Amendola yet to play a game in good health…
• Vince Wilfork out for the season…
• Jerod Mayo out for the season now too…

I did not even include other players like Talib, Ridley, Kelly, Dobson, Connolly and Thompkins have or are hampered with different injuries.

I have never been more proud of a Patriots team, we’re 5-1 and are only loss came at the hands of a rain storm that started when we took the field as an offense and ended when we walked off it. This team needs no ring or trophy to be considered the champion of the NFL in my opinion.

**Disclaimer: This is a homer thread, if you’re not a homer you will likely throw up on your feet**

Brady6,

Now this is a post I can more then enthusiastically support. :rocker:

Well Done, and a great summary. :singing:

You forgot to mention the continuous Manning ball washing and Brady is looking his age reports by the media with failure and ignorance to acknowledge that Manning has Caviar and Lobster at his disposal on offense while Brady has Tuna Fish and stale Potato Chips at his.

(no disrespect to the young rookies but lets face it,Manning has superior talent at his disposal this year and we have developing Rookies)

Yes but this team is very young, Even the reserves are young, which is quite untypical for a BB team. Only Brady is even in his mid 30s and is currently the only player to be a member of the SB winning clubs.

Rebuilding a deep and now complete team with a potentially great Offense and a Dominant Defense, while still winning double digit wins every season, is a tribute to BB's talent evaluation, managerial abilities as a GM, and his coaching ability. :cool:

Let's just beat the goddam Jets this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes