PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

THIS is Why Reiss Almost Quit ESPN Last year

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this is reason #436 to hate E!SPN or note Cowherd has no credibility, but...

Where I live there is a large spot with no radio coverage my bus ran through. It has 2 stations: 1 in Portuguese and 1 carrying E!SPN radio. I heard Cowherd for years.

He always hated soccer. He made fun of it. He made several good arguments.

Then E!SPN got the women's World Cup. Strangely enough, Cowherd suddenly saw the light about the "beautiful" game.

They will be contenders, but I can't see a 38 year old win a super bowl. I hope I'm wrong. I can see a scenario where Brady wins 4th this year and 5th next year, but if they lose to the colts or Seahawks this year it will be devastating mentally. Teams that lose Super Bowls just don't go back to the big game the following year.

Back to disagree you go!

I think you are being a little over dramatic with the headline, almost as dramatic as cowherd, who by the way is a notorious brady lover, I was listening to his show at lunch the other day and he couldn't stop hyping how awesome brady was, and how its going to be pats vs seahawks.

That said Winning a superbowl is NOT EASY, making it to the superbowl is NOT EASY.

So its not exactly a stretch to say this could be brady's last chance at #4. You see what happened to paypay, and you would be naive to think that it cant happen to brady.

I'd say brady's got a great shot this year, next year He's got a 30% chance, and then the year after that who knows. his window is closing, and that is a simple matter of face. hes 37. you can't fight father time. the one saving grace for brady is he takes team friendly contracts which allows BB to sign players to help them get over the hump.

If we keep Revis I can think of no reason why the 2015 Patriots won't be even better than the 2014 team.
Brady will have finally had some stability in his receiving core and we should be in business right from week #1.

Yep, they're definitely going backwards, and Brady is clearly done. Good call.

He's not done by any stretch. It's very difficult to win a title - Brady is 37 and the team around him has to stay healthy next year. Seattle drop kicked manning last year at 37 and now he's done.

Good call. lol. Changing my `disagree` to `wow I fail at comedy`
Nobody said I was right, but it works for me. Not that we'll skate by any team that wins the NFC (and we have to get past the Colts first)

The thing is I think if the Colts drew a different team in the first round, they would have been one and done. They faced the AJ Green and Jermaine Gresham-less Bengals and the Broncos with Manning being a shell of himself. People are really over inflating them quite a bit. Four weeks ago, people thought they were one and done because their offense was stalling and their defense was what it always have been.

I dunno if they'd be one and done- they would've beaten the Steelers if Cincy had won the week 17 game, and I think it's >50% that they would've beaten the Ravens if that had been the matchup. That said, I totally agree with the general point that this will be the first real challenge the Colts have faced since the Cowboys annihilated them. They're peaking at the right time, which makes them extremely dangerous right now, but if we're talking sustained, season-long success like what Cowherd is predicting, Indy just isn't there yet as far as talent on the roster. They could get there with a couple of good drafts, but their GM has built them to contend now by overpaying for a lot of mid-tier FAs, so it'll be interesting to see if they end up being handicapped in their ability to build and retain talent by that.

Remember, they're already not in the best cap shape, and that's with Luck playing for peanuts. We'll see how good their scouting and drafting is when they have to put a championship-caliber team around Luck while he's making $20M+ per year.

It's an opinion column. The guy is paid to write opinions.

...we do it for free...

They will be contenders, but I can't see a 38 year old win a super bowl. I hope I'm wrong. I can see a scenario where Brady wins 4th this year and 5th next year, but if they lose to the colts or Seahawks this year it will be devastating mentally. Teams that lose Super Bowls just don't go back to the big game the following year.

Oldest Qb to win it was Elway at 38 years old.

I dunno if they'd be one and done- they would've beaten the Steelers if Cincy had won the week 17 game, and I think it's >50% that they would've beaten the Ravens if that had been the matchup.

If Bell plays the Steelers win.

I think the Ravens beat the Colts.

That said, I totally agree with the general point that this will be the first real challenge the Colts have faced since the Cowboys annihilated them. They're peaking at the right time, which makes them extremely dangerous right now,

What evidence do we have that the Colts are peaking?

The Bills say hi.

Did Reiss really almost quit?
If he did last year, it was when ESPN took control of the blog and started posting a bunch of only very tangentially related stuff to it. Eventually, the dialed it way back. It was part of this whole NFL Nation thing.

Mr. TommyBrady12, I have a call for you from a Mr. Jim Kelly on line 1, he says he'd like to speak to you.

Mr. TommyBrady12, I have a call for you from a Mr. Jim Kelly on line 1, he says he'd like to speak to you.
Wasn't that pre-salary cap parity era?

He's not done by any stretch. It's very difficult to win a title - Brady is 37 and the team around him has to stay healthy next year. Seattle drop kicked manning last year at 37 and now he's done.

What the hell does Seattle crushing Denver last year have anything to do with Manning's injuries/sudden deterioration this year (as well as Elway's mishandling of their roster)? Nothing.

"Super Bowl losses are devastating" you croon "Teams never bounce back." This is the third time in a row the Patriots are knocking at the door since losing to the Giants in 11-12. Are you really saying Eli-to-Manningham is the reason they lost the last two title games? Or that the outcome of the next game (or two) will determine whether Brady suddenly falls apart? What kind of fatalist nonsense is this? Sounds like someone is trying to easy-bake oven their hot take, but they forgot to add a few vital ingredients to make it even semi-plausible.

Seems that Irsay is sharing some of his stuff with Cowherd......

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST