PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

this is the MFL

Status
Not open for further replies.
That whole article was a bible of truth.

If you think it's bad now, just wait until one of them actually WINS something.

The Gr8est said:
If you think it's bad now, just wait until one of them actually WINS something.

Hopefully that will happen right around the time they find Jimmy Hoffa, Judge Crater, Amelia Earhart or when the Red Sox win the World Series...oh wait a minute on that last ....make that win it again....

It just occurred to me that the Mannings are like Danica Patrick and Michelle Wie to ESPN. They are all pretty faces (the Mannings are "pretty" in a pure football skills-wise sort of way) that ESPN wants badly to see actually win something, but are rich and famous despite having never won anything yet.

Last edited:
The Gr8est said:
It just occurred to me that the Mannings are like Danica Patrick and Michelle Wie to ESPN. They are all pretty faces (the Mannings are "pretty" in a pure football skills-wise sort of way) that ESPN wants badly to see actually win something, but are rich and famous despite having never won anything yet.

In keeping along those lines, I think I shall now call Peyton "Anna Kournikova". Actually, it might work better for Mike Vick or Reggie Bush.

dryheat44 said:
In keeping along those lines, I think I shall now call Peyton "Anna Kournikova". quote]

That's what they call an Ace, King (A,K) in Texas hold'em. It looks good but never (hardly ever) wins in the end....

The Mannings are yet another example of the "Cult of Personality", which has almost completely eradicated whatever dignity remained in the sports/entertainment world. Actual on-field accomplishments are helpful, but not mandatory. The descent into the abyss began with television, was accelerated by Mohammed Ali, and was kicked down, with both feet, by espn. If I am not in Greater Boston, then I watch nothing but the games. I'll wait until after SB Championship #4, then I will soak up every tv and radio and internet channel forced to bestow begrudging respect upon us. Meanwhile, teams that rely on pretty, empty uniforms like the Mannings will continue to watch helplessly from their couches.

captain stone said:
The Mannings are yet another example of the "Cult of Personality", which has almost completely eradicated whatever dignity remained in the sports/entertainment world. Actual on-field accomplishments are helpful, but not mandatory. The descent into the abyss began with television, was accelerated by Mohammed Ali, and was kicked down, with both feet, by espn. If I am not in Greater Boston, then I watch nothing but the games. I'll wait until after SB Championship #4, then I will soak up every tv and radio and internet channel forced to bestow begrudging respect upon us. Meanwhile, teams that rely on pretty, empty uniforms like the Mannings will continue to watch helplessly from their couches.

Amen to that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes