PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

This is on the O-Line, They Know It, That's Why we Win

Status
Not open for further replies.

QB12

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
We don't use the c-word around here, but the Pats IMHO have c-worded in 3 straight playoff games.

And the common denominator has been the o-line.

OTOH if the o-line gets hot for the playoffs, hello Indy. :cool:

Last edited:
Can't you just picture the coaches' meeting? Similar to what we saw in the NFL documentary on BB, BB telling Dante that he cannot allow his troops to play like they have the last 3 playoff games.

I like the thread and the general point.

I will point out however that we lost the Ravens game because the entire effing team got handled and c-worded. I was there and pretty unhappy by end of the 1st Q 24-0. Cant hang that one exclusively on the OL

again, I like the main point here.

-- FRITZ

And the question remains - who starts at RT - Solder or Volmer? Not a horrible problem, but certainly a reasonable question

Ideally, you go with Vollmer at RT, and Solder as the blocking TE. Although he hasn't been targeted, Solder has actually run routes as a pass catcher at times.

Last edited:
What's the "c-word?" Collapsed? Coached?

It's about time for Logan Mankins to show up in a playoff game.

oline definitely needs to step up big! i'm excited! :D

What's the "c-word?" Collapsed? Coached?

We dare not speak it aloud.... But it is what you do if you don't chew your food properly.
It's also what Wayne Brady sometimes has to do to a b!tch.
It's also what most teenage boys do to their chickens whenever they get a moment alone :D

We dare not speak it aloud.... But it is what you do if you don't chew your food properly.
It's also what Wayne Brady sometimes has to do to a b!tch.
It's also what most teenage boys do to their chickens whenever they get a moment alone :D

Chop (its head off)? It works in all of your scenarios and now I'm terrified! :eek:

:cool:

For those of you who are ragging on the o-line you apparently don't pay much attention to real football and more attention to fantasy and stats. Dante Scharnecchia is the best and most underrated O-line and assistant head coach in all of football. Tom Brady isn't Tom Brady without that guy.

We're on our 3rd string center, a new guard from KC, a banged up Vollmer, Light and Mankins yet somehow Brady gets the 2nd most yards in NFL history and throws 39 TD's behind a patchwork line which followed an MVP with a ton of injuries. Scar is a great identifier of talent (See Solder, Cannon, Waters et all) and a great motivater that has given this team almost 30 years of dedicated service.

This O-line works harder than any in football and when Scar decides to hang up his hat he should have his plaque placed in The Hall with no waiting period.

For those of you who are ragging on the o-line you apparently don't pay much attention to real football and more attention to fantasy and stats. Dante Scharnecchia is the best and most underrated O-line and assistant head coach in all of football. Tom Brady isn't Tom Brady without that guy.

We're on our 3rd string center, a new guard from KC, a banged up Vollmer, Light and Mankins yet somehow Brady gets the 2nd most yards in NFL history and throws 39 TD's behind a patchwork line which followed an MVP with a ton of injuries. Scar is a great identifier of talent (See Solder, Cannon, Waters et all) and a great motivater that has given this team almost 30 years of dedicated service.

This O-line works harder than any in football and when Scar decides to hang up his hat he should have his plaque placed in The Hall with no waiting period.

So because we have a great OL/AHC our line is void of any blame when they make mistakes? We all know what our OL's situation is. That doesn't excuse them from having to do the job they are paid to do, and when they make mistakes it is only fair they are held accountable.

More often than not they play flawlessly, and they have to, because one wrong move and we could be looking at Brian Hoyer.

Edit: Also, who is underrating the job Dante does? He's the only other name on the coaching staff the media knows of outside of BB and BOB and everytime I've head his name on NFLN or ESPN it was to call him the best in the biz.

Last edited:
So because we have a great OL/AHC our line is void of any blame when they make mistakes? We all know what our OL's situation is. That doesn't excuse them from having to do the job they are paid to do, and when they make mistakes it is only fair they are held accountable.

More often than not they play flawlessly, and they have to, because one wrong move and we could be looking at Brian Hoyer.

Edit: Also, who is underrating the job Dante does? He's the only other name on the coaching staff the media knows of outside of BB and BOB and everytime I've head his name on NFLN or ESPN it was to call him the best in the biz.

So how many games has Hoyer started? There's a reason for that. And when was last time you've heard Scars name mentioned by the media? I've heard plenty of
Mcdaniels, O'Brien, Weiss, Crennell, Mangini, Patricia, Caserio, Pioli, Dimitroff and more recently. I haven't heard Scars name brought up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back