PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thinking about our amazing Super Bowl runs

Crazy Patriot Guy

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
It blows me away sometimes to consider what this team overcame each season to get those three rings.

Back in 01, Bledsoe gets hurt, and reports are that he's possibly out for the season. My first thought: "Well, since we're going to suck now, I hope we at least end up with a high pick." 14 wins and only 3 losses later, I'm on my knees on the living room floor just laughing in shock after just watching Vinatieri stick it straight through the uprights in Super Bowl 36.

In 03, we're about to play a tough Titans team in Week 5. Before the game, Chris Mortenson announced that for the first time in NFL history, every one of a team's (Patriots) inactives would be injured starters. At 2-2, it was hard to get excited about that game and the rest of the season, no matter how much faith you had in the team. We didn't lose again until 04.

Then to 04. We had just gotten our butts handed to us by the Steelers and we were about to play at St. Louis with Troy Brown at DB. A second straight loss seemed to be a certainty and it was hard to figure how we would do after that. A blowout of the Rams and only one more loss and we watched our team win for the third time in four years.

It's just amazing. When it's all over, I don't think there will be a debate that Bill Belichick is the best coach in NFL history.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Back