PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

There's No Way Mallett Makes This Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im watching the Pats-Skins pre-season replay on NFLN right now...

Mallet just sucks.

Everything about him sucks. He's stiff, has a loser attitude (Jay Cutler-ish), not a good leader. Just an overall loser.

Why would teams trade for Mallett when Cousins may be available?

See, this is something that I've been bringing up for quite sometime now.

If anyone is actually going to part with a 2nd/3rd round draft pick, one would assume that they'd do so for the likes of Kirk Cousins or Mike Glennon, both who have proven to be way ahead of anything that Ryan Mallett has ever done.

I liked the decision to address the backup QB position with a relatively high pick with Mallett, just the same as I did this year with Garappalo, but I've never understood why so many automatically assume that Mallett is so desirable to other teams?

Why in God's name would the Texans give a mid-round pick (or anything beyond a throw away conditional 7th for a warm body) for The Hammah who has yet to show any competence at NFL QB?

This is exactly the question that some of us have been pondering since spring 2013, prior to the draft ;)

In the end, I would still feel more comfortable keeping 3 QBs. Then again, I am less of a gambler, and more of a worrier, so that's just me.

I would be somewhat hesitant to outright cut a guy like Mallett, simply due to the fact that he has sufficient knowledge of our system. That alone, is an important trait.

The fact that he is inconsistent (at best) makes this an intriguing situation, however; as there may be a serious chance of him being let go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST