PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The unholy cabal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most dynastys last less then a decade. The Patriots reign is 14 years long and counting. There are a lot of people who are sick and tired of seeing the Patriots win. As we have seen, any action to lessen their chance of winning is met with resounding applause. What is fair has gone out the window, the NFL has gone "black ops" to take down the Patriots. Goodell has assembled the Unholy Cabal to take down the Patriots by all means necessary. Beware, as long as Goodell holds office, the attacks will continue. I'm afraid if the Patriots are in contention to win the SB again this year, all hell will break out.

Tune, my questions were intended to focus specifically on why Kraft and the owners tolerate such behavior from their employees. I don't believe that either the overall league revenue or the revenue of a single other franchise changes for the better based on allowing their highly-paid league officials to crap on the owners of the franchises who take more direct responsibility for bringing in that revenue. How does it help them make more money to be bossed around by people they pay?

You raise a separate point that is interesting but is separate from what I was discussing. If and when the Pats on-field performance declines from the current perennial playoff/Super Bowl contender status, there will actually be only one team that will take their playoff spot, but quite possibly other teams that haven't been contending recently due to the success of the Pats. So in my view there aren't really too many teams that will actually do better financially when the Pats decline. I don't believe the league as a whole will benefit at all specifically due to the decline of the Pats, it may do better and it may do worse, but not because the Pats have declined. In fact, I think Brady and Belichick are compelling figures to the overall population of people that are willing to spend their time and money paying attention to the NFL, and when they go away or are not as successful it is arguable that they will be replaced by others that will generate as much interest in what those two guys do.
But I did answer your question. The other 31 tolerated the league office's anti-Patriots behavior because it was to their advantage. The Patriots were the only team being harmed and tried to get it rectified (see released e-mails between Pats lawyer Glaser and NFL lawyer Pash) but were blown off. You see what Jerry Jones said instead of rushing in to scold the league officials. That's the way it rolls for a team that has dominated so long. Everyone is envious, no one is your friend.

Also, you don't think a Patriots decline wouldn't help the Bills, Jets and Dolphins? With a weakened Pats, they're back in the playoff hunt every year and that has a domino effect on all the other AFC divisions.

Ladies and gentlemen, I present you the conspirators: R. Stokoe Goodell, Jeff Pash, Mike Kensil, Troy Vincent. These are the men who systematically have schemed to destroy YOUR football team with the passive complicity of disingenuous Patriots owner PudgeBob ShortPants.

DO NOT let these men off the hook! If you see one bleeding by the roadside, drive on. If they extend a hand to shake yours, spit on it. NEVER forgive. NEVER forget!

View attachment 9820

View attachment 9821

View attachment 9822

View attachment 9823
Agreed,if you see any or all of them on fire do not urinate on them.

I mentioned PudgeBob, but I believe he can rehabilitate himself if he puts his words of two days ago into action. The clock is ticking on that.
AYE, i took down my signature image of pugbob cavorting at what appears to be an NFL soiree for now. But i want to see some action in the coming weeks.

Because all involved (except Kraft, of course) have $$$ to gain with the Patriots falling back to mediocrity. The Patriots' organization is so good that it has transcended the NFL's formula for built-in parity and nothing aboveboard has managed to change that.
Finally, I agree with you Mr. Scribe. As was repeated in another, more famous scandal that started this whole blasted "gate" crap, "follow the money."

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST