PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The tide is turning...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with your main point.

However: Aikman was a great QB. Media-wise, He isn't Peter King or Mike Florio.

You're giving Aikman (and others on the other side are giving Chatham) far too much weight in THIS realm.

When a King or Florio speaks, nationally, it conveys more gravity.
What is Aikman's deal? What an a-hole.

You would have thought he was on the high court at Nuremberg.

I really want to start a thread that reads:

Andrew Luck is a whining crybaby. Stop being careless and throwing interceptions, and maybe you wouldn't have to worry about deflated balls.

But I know Ian would frown on such a thread.

I have to say, watching Luck fail in the future is going to be just as pleasurable, if not more so, as watching Peyton fail, and I never would have thought that possible.

Andrew Luck is a whining crybaby. Stop being careless and throwing interceptions, and maybe you wouldn't have to worry about deflated balls.

I have to say, watching Luck fail in the future is going to be just as pleasurable, if not more so, as watching Peyton fail, and I never would have thought that possible.

Luck is slightly more likeable than Peyton, IMO.

But all in all, as long as the Colts fail, I'm good.

Andrew Luck is a good guy, a very good quarterback, and actually shows fight unlike Peyton. I tend to root for him

I'll just root against him when they play the Pats, which works out for me because that's when he plays the worst haha

There is nothing worse ins sports than anyone being deserving of anything. Oh he was the number one pick? He deserves a Super Bowl. Deserves what? Whatever. All this talk of Lic, getting better, he won't. He's good now, but he's Favre in a Colts jersey. He'll break through once probably in his career but it won't be because he was owed something. Peyton was/is the same way.

Eff Andrew luck and the deflate gate he rode in on

I have nothing personal vs Luck. Hes a helluva player that has a ways to go before being able to win big games.

Personally, I want the Colts to lose every single game they play from now until 2090.

Even if the Jets were coached by Bill Laimbeer, Ulf Samuelsson, Claude Lemeuix, Pat Reily and A-Roid, I'd still want them to beat the Colts.

He`s better at basketball IMO.

hi-res-c359c77e3a45f4ea8bc89579095be458_crop_north.jpg

LUCKFAC1.jpg

There is nothing worse ins sports than anyone being deserving of anything. Oh he was the number one pick? He deserves a Super Bowl. Deserves what? Whatever. All this talk of Lic, getting better, he won't. He's good now, but he's Favre in a Colts jersey. He'll break through once probably in his career but it won't be because he was owed something. Peyton was/is the same way.

Well isn't that the media projecting what he 'deserves'? Not Luck's fault. I like the kid, he goes about things the right way, works his balls off, he's not arrogant. Really have nothing against him so while I don't think the 'next QB superstar' title he's gotten in the media is accurate--I think he's too much of a 'gunslinger' like Favre, the INT's will always be his downfall--I'm not holding it against Luck.

The Colts in general? Not enough bad things can happen to them, I want them to lose every game for every season the next fifty years but also lose their first round picks to injury. They're now with the Jets in my mind, I never thought another team would join NY as 'most hated' but here we are.

Let’s please stop with the turning tides. This board seems to have a masochistic tendency to continually set themselves up to get kicked in the head. It’s like a girl going out with jerks and saying, “yay! This time it’s going to be DIFFERENT!” Just stop.

Tide turning? You hear guys like Aikman planting the seed that Brady AND Belichick should be suspended for the season, or more? And spare me what a freaking dim-witted slug Aikman and the others are. I know that. You know that. Since when has that mattered?

Look, face the fact that the potential here is for this corrupt league to do ANYTHING. If Brady is suspended for 4 games, appeals it to 2, we should consider ourselves lucky. That means we’re actually playing football next year. The hope here should be that we simply get this s#@! to END. Forget other fan bases, “legacies” and everything else. Play football and win another Super Bowl. That’s the ONLY thing that will bring satisfaction. And for God’s sake, stop setting yourselves up with “the tide is turning” nonsense.

Joe%20Btfsplk_zpsoac5wm7u.jpg

The tide isn't turning. Brady will be suspended, possibly today. The lynch mob will return on prime time news channels. FFS I'm sure Al-Jazeera America and BBC will have it as their top headline.

The tide isn't turning. Brady will be suspended, possibly today. The lynch mob will return on prime time news channels. FFS I'm sure Al-Jazeera America and BBC will have it as their top headline.

You are right about Brady being suspended I think however the message is getting through on the weakness of the Wells report.

I'm not watching TV. After the first round of Deflategate media feeding frenzy, I will get literally sick to my stomach if I watch this new bout of it.

But can anyone tell me, how much psi are people accusing us of deflating our footballs? Did the Wells report even given an amount we were supposed to have deflated these footballs?

What are we talking about here now? .3 psi? .5? The Patriots deflated their footballs to 12.5 in the bathroom?

Yeah, if you look at the numbers in the report, it wasn't much. Actually, if you look at one of the two gauges, it would be spot on with the expected change in pressure.

Good point stating that if anything happened, it doesn't necessarily mean that it was done in an attempt to circumvent the official rules, but more so to try and get the balls within the acceptable range, or at least down to the 12.5 PSI limit that Brady wanted. That's actually my main concern here, in terms of Brady doing anything wrong whatsoever. The only thing I'd possibly be worried about is him pushing the ball boy too hard to get them down as low as legally possible, and even that doesn't have any kind of evidence to back up that thinking.

Possible tide turn against NFL: facebook friend who despises Pats and thinks they are guilty thinks the NFL is nuts with the current punishment. also stated if it was so important, why was control of football so lax. he thinks nfl office is stupid.

The punishment doesn't fit the crime. It lends more credence to those who say there is a bias against the Patriots. I am just waiting for the talking heads to wake-up to the fact that there is a much bigger story going after Goodell and his cronies.

Possible tide turn against NFL: facebook friend who despises Pats and thinks they are guilty thinks the NFL is nuts with the current punishment. also stated if it was so important, why was control of football so lax. he thinks nfl office is stupid.

Yup, that's what I meant in the tide turning, I never meant the NFL wouldn't go in dry on us, but that in the END Brady won't serve a game and Rog will be sent packing. Reports of owners scared of what Kraft will do, a **** show is going to commence.

They've already done all the damage they can, now its the Patriots turn. Get yo popcorn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back