PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The tide is turning...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice to hear from people with some real background, unlike the ESPN clowns that buy this as Gospel. Its obvious that this was a bag job from the start.

Yup, I think it means Brady/Pats/NFLPA know that if and WHEN the NFLol suspends Brady. They get to destroy the report and possible peak into Goodell's private communications. I'm sure theyre salivating.

Just out of curiosity, did any of the other past cases (Peterson, Vilma) drum up any personal communication trail from Roger Goodell? I'm not sure what grounds they'd be introduced, particularly since he'll simply claim that he hired a "third party" firm to handle everything, thus washing his hands of the situation. Of course, we all know this to be false.

While I'd love to buy into the outright fantasy that Goodell, Kensil, and Grigson will all be punished and we'll be fully exonerated, I have a very difficult time imagining that anything "good" comes from any of this. At best, maybe we'll get to see a (potential) suspension reduced or thrown out via a third party arbitrator, should that be granted in federal court.

Isn't that in the NFL fine print however? I think the NFL cares more that he wasn't helpful

I don't know what the hell the NFL is/are thinking, but yes---they certainly have the right to punish him for what they deem as "unsuccessful cooperation" to their league-wide investigation, which was agreed to in the CBA. As we know, that would likely be challenged in court, particularly if it results in a 4+ game suspension.

Both King and Florio have reported plenty of opposite thoughts regarding the investigation lately, so I fail to see how "the tide is turning" (something that was ironically said here about once a week during the 3+ month investigation process).

As a matter of fact, Florio stated that he believes that Brady should be suspended solely on the basis that he didn't cooperate.

True and I agree with you. I trust Florio and King as far as I can throw them. However, this is starting to feel like a slow backtrack. Feed it slowly, see what happens. As more start it will build until that report is laughed at and Wells will never, ever be looked at as a person with impeccable integrity. In fact I feel a bit spotty for him. He ran intoo the wrong fan base in the wrong area of the country. NE is a tough town. If at one time they kickstarted a country, this Wells report...yeah good luck with that Wellsie.

True and I agree with you. I trust Florio and King as far as I can throw them. However, this is starting to feel like a slow backtrack. Feed it slowly, see what happens. As more start it will build until that report is laughed at and Wells will never, ever be looked at as a person with impeccable integrity. In fact I feel a bit spotty for him. He ran intoo the wrong fan base in the wrong area of the country. NE is a tough town. If at one time they kickstarted a country, this Wells report...yeah good luck with that Wellsie.

I definitely agree that Wells' work may not be seen with the same kind of seriousness (as his last stuff?), but it's hard to imagine anything positive coming from this on our end. Maybe we have the opportunity to continue our yearlong dissection into the whole ordeal if/when Brady files something in court, which we can all patiently wait for by the end of the summer.

Of course, as we've seen, Goodell will just ignore it anyway.

I put all his tweets in another thread but this is typical king. He reads what reiss says, what florio says then starts to feel like Henry Fonda. He isnt Henry Fonda but one of the other 12 dopes who are starting to wonder about the crime.

Nobody nails themselves up on the cross quite like Peter King.

I am going to post this on a few threads here so please forgive. My son has a phone interview tomorrow on his iPhone Deflate Calc app with a group affiliated with the Discovery Chanel. I will leave it at that. :) https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/deflate-calc/id987622012?mt=8

That's quite an accomplishment for him. Congrats!

Unfortunately, the whole thought of the Ideal Gas Law etc has pretty much been dismissed...or at least heavily overshadowed by the accusations of further foul play. I don't think there are many who will debate the idea of the air pressure decreasing a bit in the right circumstances. Fortunately for Goodell and the league, they figured out a way to take that attention away by forcing words in the mouth of Walt Anderson, in regards to which gauge he used to measure the balls.

That's quite an accomplishment for him. Congrats!

Unfortunately, the whole thought of the Ideal Gas Law etc has pretty much been dismissed...or at least heavily overshadowed by the accusations of further foul play. I don't think there are many who will debate the idea of the air pressure decreasing a bit in the right circumstances. Fortunately for Goodell and the league, they figured out a way to take that attention away by forcing words in the mouth of Walt Anderson, in regards to which needle he used to measure the balls.

Been trying to get Mythbusters to do a Deflategate experiment like Headsmart labs did. Now that would be fun. Not that there is any connection. Try yourself http://www.discovery.com/tv-shows/mythbusters/about-this-show/mythbusters-submit-a-myth/

The NFL would freak as that would reach the masses

so.....will we have news in the morning????

or, will the nfl continue to drag this **** throughout the week?

so.....will we have news in the morning????

or, will the nfl continue to drag this **** throughout the week?

My guess is no news as the report is not being taken for what it was Thursday and Friday. They need to think on this a bit more before they ultimately do the wrong thing like they always do.

Here's something for all of the people who were desperately clinging to the hope of Sharks Of Vegas, with their page long defenses telling the rest of us how "they've nailed everything from day one."

He has now gone totally in the opposite direction, thus solidifying what we already knew in regards to him being a total moron:

@SharksOfVegas: @jcathcart78 my source had everything right except for the fact that Brady had bboys working for him.

I still can't believe this idiot is trying to claim that they were right about....anything! The stuff which was actually correct had been info that was already previously reported, as has been shown repeatedly by such posters as @BradyManny. The opinionated stuff they've come out with hasn't been right in the slightest. Not one bit. None of it.

Last edited:
My guess is no news as the report is not being taken for what it was Thursday and Friday. They need to think on this a bit more before they ultimately do the wrong thing like they always do.

If they actually do wait more than a day or two, it's obviously to be able to push the timeline for any court rulings for third party arbitration back even further.

As noted already, I think Brady would be up against the wall for any benefit as it already is, and that's if it came out soon and he was able to get into court by the end of the summer.

Here's something for all of the people who were desperately clinging to the hope of Sharks Of Vegas, with their page long defenses telling the rest of us how "they've nailed everything from day one."

He has now gone totally in the opposite direction, thus solidifying what we already knew in regards to him being a total moron:

@SharksOfVegas: @jcathcart78 my source had everything right except for the fact that Brady had bboys working for him.

I still can't believe this idiot is trying to claim that they were right about....anything!

So Brady is guilty now? I don't understand.

I still can't believe this idiot is trying to claim that they were right about....anything!

I actually think they were right from day one but no inside source anywhere, just logic. I naively thought that Wells would handle this like a respected lawyer and didn't look into their Fixit reputation and the fact they were behind the NFL's concussion battle which was truly shameful Watch the frontline report here http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/league-of-denial/ I can't beleive the extent they have gone to to shift blame when they could have just used science to say, hey Indy asked, we looked, nothing to it.

Columbia University would not have screwed this up but for some reason the NFL went from Columbia to the asbestos is safe Exponent company. I won't be that naive again. I want this in the court system.

So Brady is guilty now? I don't understand.

That what this two-bit hack (that some established posters vehemently defended to the point of annoyance) is now claiming, in his attempt to gain back any business that he lost by putting himself out on a limb to begin with.

Here is another tweet to go with the previous one:

@SharksOfVegas: Exponent looks almost as bad as Brady in the Wells Report.

If they actually do wait more than a day or two, it's obviously to be able to push the timeline for any court rulings for third party arbitration back even further.

As noted already, I think Brady would be up against the wall for any benefit as it already is, and that's if it came out soon and he was able to get into court by the end of the summer.

IIRC, suspensions can't go into effect while appeals are pending (since you can't "unsuspend" a player after the fact).

IIRC, suspensions can't go into effect while appeals are pending (since you can't "unsuspend" a player).
So, would this still apply if the appeals process has been exhausted and third party arbitration has been sought in federal court, but the date has not yet occurred? This is why I tagged you in my thread asking for your opinion on whether or not we could use the past cases of Peterson and Vilma as any sort of reasonable timeline for this (potential) process.

It would explain both why Goodell was "technically" able to suspend Vilma twice, and how Vilma was still able to play in 11 games that season, even though he was suspended for the entirety of the season.

That what this two-bit hack (that some established posters vehemently defended to the point of annoyance) is now claiming, in his attempt to gain back any business that he lost by putting himself out on a limb to begin with.

Here is another tweet to go with the previous one:

@SharksOfVegas: Exponent looks almost as bad as Brady in the Wells Report.

Sigh. Yeah I saw some stuff from them earlier. Didn't pay to much attention, but f them. Bboys working for him. Losers. Hope they go out of business.

This is why I tagged you in my thread asking for your opinion on whether or not we could use the past cases of Peterson and Vilma as any sort of reasonable timeline for this (potential) process.

Sorry, didn't see that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back