Not open for further replies.

mgteich

PatsFans.com Veteran
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
There will be no immediate resolution. In just a few days,

Brady gave his initial response.
Kraft gave his initial response.
The team has posted a full rebuttal of the Wells Report.
The players association has filed an appeal on Brady's suspension.

I certainly didn't expect more within this short time frame.

With another week, we'll know
whether Kraft will appeal the team penalties, and
who the league appoints as arbitrator, and perhaps formal objection from the league.

Maybe the league arbiter who will actually hear the case will be known, as well as the appeal dates.

THAT'S ALL THAT WE SHOULD HAVE EXPECTED IN TWO WEEKS
=================================================
Within an additional two weeks, the decision by the NFL will likely have been completed, and any team appeal would be acted upon.
=============
If there are court cases, those could take months or years. However, injunctions might allow Brady to play pending resolution.

Yes, there are much more important things for the team to focus on right now, like preparing for the upcoming season.

Injunctions scare me, postponing a suspension to a later time... *gulp* playoffs? Suspended for a super bowl? If there's a silver lining to the current situation at least we know when the suspension is, and in the grand scheme of things it's not too bad.

Agreed.

Kraft can put this in the hand of his lawyers and speak out when the lawyers need him to. Kraft will need to make a couple of decisions along the way, with regard to appeal and law suits.

Brady can put this in the hands of the union and its lawyers until after the appeal, and then evaluate his lawyer's advice with regard to a law suit, no matter what the result of the appeal.

Everyone else can get back to the business of preparing for the 2015 season. Belichick is already doing this by continuing to make roster transactions.

Agreed.

Kraft can put this in the hand of his lawyers and speak out when the lawyers need him to. Kraft will need to make a couple of decisions along the way, with regard to appeal and law suits.

Brady can put this in the hands of the union and its lawyers until after the appeal, and then evaluate his lawyer's advice with regard to a law suit, no matter what the result of the appeal.

Everyone else can get back to the business of preparing for the 2015 season. Belichick is already doing this by continuing to make roster transactions.

I think we can all assume a loss in regards to the appeal process. If Brady is going to have anything overturned or reduced, it will be through court via appointing a third party neutral arbitrator. The NFL hasn't gone this far to turn around now.

There will be no immediate resolution. In just a few days,

Brady gave his initial response.
Kraft gave his initial response.
The team has posted a full rebuttal of the Wells Report.
The players association has filed an appeal on Brady's suspension.

I certainly didn't expect more within this short time frame.

With another week, we'll know
whether Kraft will appeal the team penalties, and
who the league appoints as arbitrator, and perhaps formal objection from the league.

Maybe the league arbiter who will actually hear the case will be known, as well as the appeal dates.

THAT'S ALL THAT WE SHOULD HAVE EXPECTED IN TWO WEEKS
=================================================
Within an additional two weeks, the decision by the NFL will likely have been completed, and any team appeal would be acted upon.
=============
If there are court cases, those could take months or years. However, injunctions might allow Brady to play pending resolution.
I agree. I assume everyone involved wants to this to either a) resolved out of the courts b) go as fast as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe