PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Patriots vs Packers POST Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever. Now just give me another 7 game win streak and I'll be happy.

I like this but lets start with 4 games then we will asses the situation on to 7 games.

I only got to watch pieces of the game, but I feel the coaches lost this one. They got too cute on both sides of the ball. Maybe they should play to their strengths instead of trying to morph each week.

The "contain Rogers" plan gave him tons of time...on one snap up to 12 seconds. No secondary is that good. You could see the D-linemen standing in place and jumping up and down...WTF. Give Brady that much time and he will carve you up. These are the QB's the Pats lose to...the ones that play mistake free ball.

Why is the Offense dinkin' and dunkin' against one of the worst run defenses in the league?

Yeah, I don't see PI on the Gronk play. He had it anyway….it was really a matter of inches. My thing is there was way too much time on the clock for that play….successful or not. Even if we had completed a successful 2 point conversion, I have difficulty believing they don't tie it right back up or win it outright. I would have taken a modest gain there.
Shouldve played for 4 downs from there on. This was mismanaged. They couldve called timeout and discussed as 4 down territory all the way .

Bottom line: This game proved that the Patriots are NOT a championship team and will NOT make it to the Super Bowl. It also proves that Coach Baleofshit need to retire.
You posting while bonged-up from Colorado?

Bottom line: This game proved that the Patriots are NOT a championship team and will NOT make it to the Super Bowl. It also proves that Coach Baleofshit need to retire.

Living proof of what happens when you smoke crack. Please do yourself a favor and put down the crack pipe.

I thought I would feel better about this game as time went on. I actually feel worse about this now. :(

Dear Jets Troll:

The Patriots are currently in position to win 13 games this season, which would give them home field advantage up until the Super Bowl. Your Jets, meanwhile, are currently in position to fire their head coach and GM, and to invest a first or second round pick on a QB for the third time in just seven years.

Smell those feet!

Yet your team has 2 wins lol. You have no place to even think about this question, let alone type an answer. Well actually as a jets fan you can't think because your IQ is too low

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story...patriots-packers-clinic-intellectual-football

Q. What happened to the offensive line in this game? -- Benji (Boston)

A. I think there was a little too much asked of them. They were asked to pass-protect a little longer than they have in the last few weeks. The quick passing game had been a bigger aspect of the game-plan the past few weeks. The Patriots also believe they can't do the same thing each week because they don't want opponents to know what's coming. So they'll throw a curveball. They'll say, "We have to have this part of the game to be successful." In this game, it was the intermediate to deep passing game. But once again, there were situations where the offensive line couldn't hold up long enough. If Clay Matthews wasn't getting pressure, he was a fingertip away from a strip sack. Late blitzers were getting pressure on Brady. I think it comes down to knowing what you have on the offensive line: Let those guys win the line of scrimmage running the ball, and if it has to be a quick passing game, that's what it has to be.

The look on Brady's face said it all about that play. 4th and 1 and when he got called to the bench he looked steamed.

I thought exactly the same thing at the time. What a gutless decision by the HC/OC.

Probably the only time Rodgers & Brady will ever meet, the defense needs more time to regroup,
our side has one of the best QB sneak-ers in the last 15 years, a statement of physicality was there
to be made, against one of the worst run defenses in the entire league, and the decision is…punt
the damn ball?!? No wonder we lost.

I thought exactly the same thing at the time. What a gutless decision by the HC/OC.

Probably the only time Rodgers & Brady will ever meet, the defense needs more time to regroup,
our side has one of the best QB sneak-ers in the last 15 years, a statement of physicality was there
to be made, against one of the worst run defenses in the entire league, and the decision is…punt
the damn ball?!? No wonder we lost.

Let's not oversell this. There were plenty of problems to be seen in that game, and there are some areas that are simply irreparable in the time left in the season. However, in the end, even with all that happened, they lost because Gronk 'dropped' a pass he could have caught.

And that's not meant to bag on Gronk, but to point out how close things ended up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back