PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Patriots vs Packers POST Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've read plenty of posts on this forum and others across the internet who are making this loss sound as if it means we aren't a good football team. But apparently I can't post my opinion here without having every word dissected and picked apart and torn down so good day to ya bud.

This truly did have a playoff game type feel to it. I am very glad it is not the playoffs but yeah it really felt like it. I even had that same zombie-like feeling I get after playoff losses.

Random comment:

The automatic first down + 5 yards for illegal contact/hands to the face NEEDS TO GO

I've been saying this since the pre-season.

I've read plenty of posts on this forum and others across the internet who are making this loss sound as if it means we aren't a good football team. But apparently I can't post my opinion here without having every word dissected and picked apart and torn down so good day to ya bud.

My first post in this thread wasn't even a response to anyone else, but was just made in isolation. The first response to it was a personal shot at me. That happens.

My post to you was just a "don't forget, though" post. It took you 3 responding posts to call me a downer, and then you went completely personal towards me with your fourth post.

Last edited:
When it comes to simply getting open and catching the ball, Amendola is pretty useless. I have never expected much from Dobson, but the one and done pass his way was sad.

Not to belabor a point, but on the Gronk end zone drop, Amendola was cutting across the middle with great position on the trailing safety/cb, for an easy 5-yard gain, which could have even been more than that. On 2nd down, in a four-down drive at that point on the field with nearly 3 minutes left in the game, I would have greatly preferred that throw than a very tough end-zone attempt.

Brady wasn't looking anywhere but Gronk.

Oh, and Dennard didn't look in game shape - he's been sitting for weeks. having to go out there at that time was not optimal. They need to either play him a lot...well, they need to play him. he's pretty good.

And finally, if you think Zach Moore is a better option than Nink, I'm glad you're not the coach.

Last edited:
The Packers defender definitely impeded Gronk and never looked back for the ball. Should have been called.
b99399847z.1_20141130233527_000_g518udjo.1-2.jpg

I can look at this picture a hundred times and still not see how it's close to PI. looks like pretty damned good defense to me.

Whatever. Now just give me another 7 game win streak and I'll be happy.

• Agree
Reactions: TBR
Was a decent enough game but just lost. I think overall the calls did go against the Patriots but not to an extent when it came be blamed for keeping you from winning.

The Pats had chance to win and just couldn't do it. Main points. On D they need to get off the field of 3rd down against Rodgers and get pressure while also keeping pocket integrity. On O they need to protect better,

Pats brought their B game and got beat cause a B game is often not good enough against Green Bay.

Yeah, I don't see PI on the Gronk play. He had it anyway….it was really a matter of inches. My thing is there was way too much time on the clock for that play….successful or not. Even if we had completed a successful 2 point conversion, I have difficulty believing they don't tie it right back up or win it outright. I would have taken a modest gain there.

It stinks that we lost, but honestly there's a pretty good optimistic side to look at here.

The Packers played an almost PERFECT game, at HOME, and barely hung on to be a Pats team that never really clicked defensively and offensively seemed to reuse the 2013 AFC Championship game-plan again, for some odd reason.

At the home, we win this game. On a neutral field, we win this game. And while we lost yesterday at Lambeau, we were a Gronk end zone drop away from snatching out a win, after playing like crap all day.

While the third down percentage was atrocious, the defense held Green Bay out of the red zone and forced five field goal attempts. While it's the "bend, but don't break" mentality we've gotten use to seeing over the past few years, that's not always a bad thing when you're playing a good team certainly capable of beating you.

All is not lost. But for now, we're on to San Diego.

Watching the game remembering Aaron waiting to be drafted ....a long day for him then had to sit behind the interception machine Favre. Easily the best NFL QB this year but a good game plan can crimp that for a game as we well know...I think it will be harder for him should we meet again. I had the feeling Belichick did not throw the entire kitchen sink at him...a few plays different and we had a W last night. Maybe the old Belchick surprise CB blitz next time.

Did anyone else disagree with not going for it on 4th and 1 earlier in the game, yet going for it on 4th and 18 later? Give Gray the ball on 4th and 1 and that's most likely a 1st down.

That decision was mind-numbing. The Packers were driving on us at will and were in the position to go up double digits early, which they did.

You had to go for it there, worst case scenario is they get the ball at the 50, which correct me if I'm wrong, is where they ended up, two plays after we punted.

Coaching in this game was really, really poor.

Bottom line: This game proved that the Patriots are NOT a championship team and will NOT make it to the Super Bowl. It also proves that Coach Baleofshit need to retire.

Bottom line: This game proved that the Patriots are NOT a championship team and will NOT make it to the Super Bowl. It also proves that Coach Baleofshit need to retire.

Troll be trollin'

I can look at this picture a hundred times and still not see how it's close to PI. looks like pretty damned good defense to me.

I agree. You have to allow the defender to defend. If the teams had been reversed, we would have been applauding the tight coverage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back