PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Patriot Way - Model Franchise

Status
Not open for further replies.

ayjackson

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
I'm a little sick of how we're no longer a "model franchise" according to the media. Their idea of what that means is never what we professed to be and, quite frankly, still are.

We are a model franchise because of how we operate under the salary cap. We are a model franchise because we are strong from player one to player sixty-one. We recognize talent and may pay a guard on the PS the largest PS salary in the league, and may decide to let a WR walk for a draft choice because the money is better spent elsewhere. It's about finding cheap talent from other team's discards. It's about converting players from college positions to other positions as pros. We are a model franchise because the total 61 is greater than the sum of the parts.

It was never about anything more than that. The media made it into some sort of God Bless America Apple Pie bullsh*t. It isn't about that. It's about Pioli and BB and player personal decisions. Pay Brady. Pay the DL. And lock up the OL. End of.

We're a model franchise because we win. That's pretty much all that matters.

There is no such thing as the model person, role model or model franchise. Who Cares! We win and that all that matters!

Ask any fan which combination of Owner / coach and team they would choose for their own, if they had a choice.

I doubt you would not find one person that would not take my New England Patriots.

And if anyone says that due to the so called "videogate" rule infraction they would not choose N.E., I would tell them to find me a team without sin before casting their stone against N.E.

I remain proud of the classy team I choose to support.

I never really got into the "model" franchise thing either. Sure it's nice to hear, but reputation doesn't win you football games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News