PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Rounds 4-7 2013 NFL Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's funny, I've been arguing against him from the start. Total bad seed -- kicked off one program, attitude problems at the next. But if we'd taken him at #91 and the Rutgers cypher in the 7th, everybody would love our draft!

What's your take on Marquess Wilson? I know all his problems but he can be a joy to watch.

! Is that guy state loves still out there? Supposedly a top 20 pick CB before a terrible senior season?

Aaron Mellette is still out there.

Brandon Kaufman
Rodney Smith

and I have a hunch about Uzoma Nwachakwu. Lit up his pro-day.

And Sam McGuffie.

Heh I forgot about Sam McGuffies. Is he pursuing pro football? I remember him transferring to Rice for a combination of education and playing time.

Zipster - that wasn't Deus point at all. You should have read the other responses before throwing your two cents in. Deus' claim was that Chad Jackson had character issues. That claim is false. He had learning issues. As in a learning disability. It is well known that it took 3 years for Jackson to fully digest the play-book in college despite working hours and hours and hours on it. Kid was great at film study, by all accounts, but just had some sort of disconnect there.

What's laughable about Deus claim is that, while Collins included himself with his teammates in saying that the team gave up on the coaches, the COACHES of his team and opposing teams made it a point to say that COLLINS showed up every day and worked his butt off. And did so on game day as well. So, if that is having "motor issues" then I'd love an entire team that does that. Shows up. Works their butts off in practice and on game day.

Kinda hard reading so may posts. But, if that is true (learning disability), then why did the Patriots pick him?

I'd take a look at CB Dax Swanson, too.

Da-Rick Rogers and Joseph Fauria.

What's your take on Marquess Wilson? I know all his problems but he can be a joy to watch.

Of the two, I do lean toward Wilson -- more troubled than troublemaker, it seems from the outside.

Kinda hard reading so may posts. But, if that is true (learning disability), then why did the Patriots pick him?

From all accounts, BB is the one who worked with him in the film room and did the interview personally. My guess is that they thought they could work with it. Jackson must have shown something otherwise after he got here. But that learning disability was still there.

On the Inside the Draft video, they didn't blur one name "SCOTT". Whether it's Matt Scott, the Ariz QB as developmental QB or Tremayne Scott DE from Ohio....We'll see if they get drafted, UDFA or not at all....

Of the two, I do lean toward Wilson -- more troubled than troublemaker, it seems from the outside.

I would stay away from Wilson. Anyone who tries to blame the coach for his own failures by using the same type of incident to try and get him fired has a character issue. Wilson flat out lied to the school administration about him and others being "abused" by Mike Leach and the coaching staff there.

That's one of those character flaws that can't be fixed.

Couple nice back to back depth picks by the Vikings. Bond and Baca are nice OG prospects for an already solid OL.

I would stay away from Wilson. Anyone who tries to blame the coach for his own failures by using the same type of incident to try and get him fired has a character issue. Wilson flat out lied to the school administration about him and others being "abused" by Mike Leach and the coaching staff there.

That's one of those character flaws that can't be fixed.

I really can't argue with that. There's good reason that BOTH Wilson and Rogers are still available -- and I'm happy with Dobson and Boyce.

A few guys left that interest me.:

S Zeke Motta, Notre Dame
S Rashard Hall, Clemson
C/G Braxton Cave, Notre Dame
QB Tyler Bray, Tenn.

Just realised that Chase Thomas is still available. and Lerentee McCray who Joeckel called the best pass rusher that he faced.

Mark Harrison if he is still there will be one of the picks. Rutgers guy and McDaniels personally worked him out.

Packers got a high potential WR in Charles Johnson. Courtney Gardner still available.

A coverage linebacker to push Fletcher could be Zaviar Gooden. Really liked what I saw of him. Think he'll be a priority UDFA.

EDIT: I need to look at the NFL.com drafted list better.. Gooden went to the Titans :(

So what did the Pats get for giving the Vikings their original pick back?

I think looking at him as solely a coverage LB is foolish. But he does fill a need there because, as Vrabel pointed out a.) Fletcher isn't that good and b.) he doesn't stay healthy. Logically, if you're going to make a big deal about someone like Amendola being injury prone, I don't know why you'd overlook that same characteristic with Fletcher.

If you don't think coverage linebacker was a big need, I assume you agree pass rush is. So...again, I don't see the issue, particularly as they appear to have gotten two real solid guys in Dobson and Boyce.

Well said Jack. I don't think anyone could have said it better. And - of course Deus is still a jackass. There is no way that he is a Patriots fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Back