PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Patriots vs Texans game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATSNUTme

Paranoid Homer ex-moderator
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Please post your comments, knee jerk reactions, and insightful observations, both before and during today's game between the Patriots and the Houston Texans, on this thread. Please do not start other threads about today's game.

Today's game will be on CBS starting at 1PM ET. The weather in the dome will not be a factor so BB will not have to take the wind if it goes into OT.Dennad, Hooman, Cannon, and Dobson are out for today's game, according to Reiss.

New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston

Last edited:
If we go up 10-0 or 14-0 early houston will fold. Have to jump on them early.

I have 2 main worries with this game. The field - We dont need anymore injuries, and secondly the pass protection with cannon also out vs a high blitzing team.

this is a pretty big trap game.

I expect it to be closer then a lot of people think.

I'll be flying from LHR to BOS during the game. Actually just boarded the plane.

No wifi on this stupid BA flight.

I'm hoping to land into some good news.

Patriots inactives: RB Ridley, LB Beauharnais, DE Bequette, TE Hoomanawanui, OT Cannon, WR Dobson, CB Dennard.

Man, I'm just excited to able to watch another Patriots football game today. I feel so lucky on football Sundays to watch this team play, to watch this coach coach, to watch this QB be legendary. We've had 13 years of this. How lucky have we been?

Ridley inactive. Zolack said Kevin Faulk is there working with Ridley.

I'll be flying from LHR to BOS during the game. Actually just boarded the plane.

No wifi on this stupid BA flight.

I'm hoping to land into some good news.

First thing you'll see is a thread called:"Frodo finallys wins weekly pick the score contest!"

First thing you'll see is a thread called:"Frodo finallys wins weekly pick the score contest!"

I honestly thought he was going to win at some point during the steeler game.

Looking like a Vereen-centric afternoon. No Ridley/quick swing passes to the releasing Vereen to counter Houston's pass rush? We'll see.
I am very anxious to see what kind of D Belichick uses. DB issues/poor QB play by Houston/a soft NE interior defense........very eager to see how BB positions the D today.
Hope: quick scores by NE taking the Texans away from the run......game over then

this is a pretty big trap game.

I expect it to be closer then a lot of people think.

Heyyyyyy..... I didn't know Albert Breer posted here .. :D:D

Ridley inactive. Zolack said Kevin Faulk is there working with Ridley.

Faulk had 7 fumbles in his first 2 years, couldn't block and dropped too many passes ... there were more than a few in this forum then who wanted Faulk gone. However Belichick saw the immense talent in him so he got the tough love treatment and what a career he had after that.

Belichick knows exactly what he is doing.

Faulk had 7 fumbles in his first 2 years, couldn't block and dropped too many passes ... there were more than a few in this forum then who wanted Faulk gone. However Belichick saw the immense talent in him so he got the tough love treatment and what a career he had after that.

Belichick knows exactly what he is doing.

I respect your viewpoint. What I will say, however, is there is a huge factor that you're overlooking, which is how the player responds. Kevin Faulk was always one of the most mentally tough NE Patriots players during his career. He was smart, tough, and had an iron will. He was determined. Those qualities worked with the coaching.

Ridley must respond. I hope he can. That will be the only way the issue gets fixed. The best coaching in the world means nothing if the player cannot recover mentally. Ridley may be suffering a bit in that department at this point. If so, he must be able to recover quickly to have a chance. I believe the Pats will give this kid another opportunity to prove he can get it done on this team and in this league.

IS this a non-sellout game or something? How come I can't get it through DirectV? The broadcast here is the Jets-Dolphins. What a RIP.

The focus has to be on the O-Line playing a team with a great front. The Texans run a lot of stunts. Crowd noise becomes even more of a factor as the line must communicate with Tom on blocking assignments.

Is Kubiak on the hot seat?

shalise manza young ‏@shalisemyoung 9m
lots of tweets about field here at Reliant...it doesn't look great, can see seams of 8x8ft grass 'puzzle pieces'

ugh.

Before the game there were Tweets about Josh Boyer and a couple of players going round the field checking on it.

It's really about time the NFL forced Houston & Chicago to sort out the fields they play on - you have multi million dollar professional athletes on your field, give them a playing surface they deserve.

why does the NFL continue to allow poor field conditions? Incredible...

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back